Camshaft Actuator Stuck Open (variable timing system) - Page 2 - Scionlife.com

Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Old 09-17-2016, 08:09 PM   #21

I'm very interested in this topic. I've been unable to find a video or set of instructions for removing/replacing the OCV.

FWIW, after I paid for a chiltonDIY membership, they say to just A) remove the engine cover and B) remove the OCV by removing the single bolt.

Would love to know what needs to come off (and in what order) to be able to get a wrench on the OCV bolt.

I got a P0012 which is preventing me from passing inspection and the garage wants >$2,000 to replace the sprocket on the camshaft and replace the timing assembly (since the significant labor involved is essentially the same for the gear).

My issue is, I've only got 108,000 miles on my 2006 and I can't imagine all that is necessary. I would love to rule out the OCV and the associated filter.
davcollins is offline   Reply With Quote