Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Factory turbocharged Scions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member

Default Factory turbocharged Scions?

I've been hearing about TRD's effort in producing turbo systems in place of superchargers for xA/xB but is Scion bringing these vehicles from the factory turbocharged or is a dealer installed item only? The reason I'm asking is because if it's factory turbo, under most circumstances the motor's received extra reinforcements internally like hi temp pistons, beefier rods, piston squirters, oil cooler, etc. Thanx!

Sam
Old 01-06-2004, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe they will install it after the car is recieved and thats only if TRD issues them out this way.....
Old 01-06-2004, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by izzles
I believe they will install it after the car is recieved and thats only if TRD issues them out this way.....
Well at least TRD is showing some interest in the performance potential of the FE series specifically the 1NZFE. Maybe in the future we'll see some serious hp figures from the 1.5.

Sam
Old 01-06-2004, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default who knows if this is correct

hey Sam, the Chris of Scion at the Dc car show told me that " down the road " Scion would offer "Factory Turbos" for both Xa's and Xb's... there is already a TRD turbo being sold in Japan ( you can see the pictures here on scionlife ) so who knows what is going to happen. Yeah I'd like to see it from the factory for the same reasons you stated.... I guess we will all have to wait and see... I think it will happen Toyota has a history filled factory installed turbos ( old celica's corllora's and supra's ) why not revist it :D
Old 01-07-2004, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: who knows if this is correct

Originally Posted by Jaywade24
hey Sam, the Chris of Scion at the Dc car show told me that " down the road " Scion would offer "Factory Turbos" for both Xa's and Xb's... there is already a TRD turbo being sold in Japan ( you can see the pictures here on scionlife ) so who knows what is going to happen. Yeah I'd like to see it from the factory for the same reasons you stated.... I guess we will all have to wait and see... I think it will happen Toyota has a history filled factory installed turbos ( old celica's corllora's and supra's ) why not revist it :D
I was thinking the same thing Jason. I'm was so biased toward the tC but as soon as I heard of the possibility of a factory turbocharged Toyota, I was veered towards the other direction. The tC remains an enticing option but the thought of a boosted xA sounds rather appealing!

Sam
Old 01-07-2004, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default Tc

Sam I think it's gonna bee great, what kinda surprises me though is everyone talking about Hp what about the torque!!! Stock torque on the Tc is great and that's what gets you going.....that's what impresses me