Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

How fast can a Stock Auto-xB Go?

Old 12-29-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
By the way, a Ferrari F430 weighs 3,197lbs, a Ferrari 612 weighs 4,056. . . both of which weigh more than a 'Vette.

And a Ferrari Enzo supercar weighs 3,009. . . which is only about 131lbs less than the 3,132lb C6 ZO6. The argument that the 'Vette is heavy does not hold water. The Enzo is a friggin street legal F1 car.
Bugatti weighs 4,400lbs, your point? Vette is still heavy, and you are comparing the vette to the enzo because? Completely different ball game.

Just let it go, this thread isn't even about vettes, ferrari's in the first place.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I was merely pointing out that 3,132 lbs is not that heavy, relative to other well handling cars. I have no long love of 'Vettes, but there is good information and bad information. The 'Vette does not handle badly. . . and weight is hardly the culprit, since it's not much heavier than an xB.

This thread is about the ultimate performance of an xB. . . and although it may be impressive, the xB is hardly a super car. And the original point is that "keeping up" with something like a Corvette (since the 'Vette keeps up with Ferrari's, why stop at a Corvette) is a ludicrous concept. In all liklihood, the car was NOT racing, regardless of handling or acceleration, as the xB is beat (by a large margin) in the first place.

Even an 300C is ahead by leaps and bounds. A regular Chrysler 300 (the V6) would be a somewhat more feasible comparison.

Again, I would like to drop it, but there are more arguments being introduced regarding the weight of a 'Vette, and I'm only bringing in facts regarding how LIGHT it is for a car in its class.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
I was merely pointing out that 3,132 lbs is not that heavy, relative to other well handling cars. I have no long love of 'Vettes, but there is good information and bad information. The 'Vette does not handle badly. . . and weight is hardly the culprit, since it's not much heavier than an xB.

This thread is about the ultimate performance of an xB. . . and although it may be impressive, the xB is hardly a super car. And the original point is that "keeping up" with something like a Corvette (since the 'Vette keeps up with Ferrari's, why stop at a Corvette) is a ludicrous concept. In all liklihood, the car was NOT racing, regardless of handling or acceleration, as the xB is beat (by a large margin) in the first place.

Even an 300C is ahead by leaps and bounds. A regular Chrysler 300 (the V6) would be a somewhat more feasible comparison.

Again, I would like to drop it, but there are more arguments being introduced regarding the weight of a 'Vette, and I'm only bringing in facts regarding how LIGHT it is for a car in its class.
To me, 3,000lbs+ for a two door is heavy. I'm not saying the vette can't handle and perform amazingly, all i said was it was heavy. Period. I mean, the Bugatti is extremely heavy but that doesn't stop it from having a rough power to weight of 5. The vette isn't a super car either.

An xb can out corner tons of cars with a well part set up regardless of rwd, fwd, awd, whatever. Driver plays a very much important role in everything. A car can only perform as well as the driver can.

Conclusion: Xb will never be drag queen, its strengths lay within cornering.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah, lets stop talking about vettes now. It has nothing to do with the xb, and if i wanted to talk about vettes i would go to one of their forums.

You can let it go man, its possible. I never said you were lying, but i'm not either. Its a heavy car, thats my opinion, for its class might be fairly light but i'm not talking about classes being its a xb thread. I'm talking generally speaking. I've brought nothing but one opinion and one fact to the "table" The video i spoke of, xb did infact hang with the vette through the corner, once straight away hit it was over.

Now lets pllllllease move on before i kill myself. Thank you.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

look at that still talkin bout corvettes... the m3 could beat it as can the STi/I for the 06
Old 12-30-2005, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by p2filz
look at that still talkin bout corvettes... the m3 could beat it as can the STi/I for the 06
Still not about the xb. lol But yes, and the STi is faster than most cars under $45,000. I'd say easy falls in top 10 with overall performance.

Back to xb...anyone..
Old 11-12-2006, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hell ya ill say what i said earlier... shouldnt the car in the pic be in D, the lights not on...
Old 11-12-2006, 08:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

This thread is a year old. . . what gives? Talk about resurrecting the DEAD
Old 11-13-2006, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: How fast can a Stock Auto-xB Go?

Originally Posted by edlin
2006 Auto, xB, completely stock drivetrain and intake.
Between Arizona and California, down hill (6% grade), on a 70 mile straightaway, 2am in the morning, with no other cars around for miles...
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/935...194crop2we.jpg
This was as fast as I could get it to go...
Allowing for speedo error, which is about 7 mph at that speed, your speed was just over 95 -- on a 6% downhill. (The speedos are calibrated for the 185/65R15 tires of the bB.) Your photo shows why this is about tops for the automatics: at 4500 rpm the engine is well below its max HP.
Scion says top speed for the manual is 103 which would indicate as about 112. The higher sped would be enabled by the engine's turning over 5000 rpm to make more power. Here is a view of Toyota's test track where speed is probably tested:
http://www.taisei.com/project_details.asp?ProjectID=43
Old 11-14-2006, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I was playing with mine the other day. It would go to about 105 out of OD and be at or near redline. Then when shifted into OD it would only gain a small amount and only maintain it. 110mph was about all it would go even tho it was far from redline. I don't think this small motor can push it any more because of the gearing. If 3rd was a bit taller it would go higher.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:25 PM

Default 2010

I have the 2010 damd edition with a complete intake and headers to tip, i got to 137 before it wouldnt go anymore
Old 10-11-2016, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by themechanic
I have the 2010 damd edition with a complete intake and headers to tip, i got to 137 before it wouldnt go anymore
Well this is the 1st gen section to start off with, so your info is pointless and does not matter.
Second there is no "damd edition" xB in any year.
Third, way to bring up a post that has been dead for 10yrs.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I know Right?

Hows it going Will?
I got another box to replace the BCP that got killed by a deer.