Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member

Default motor mounts

So I have started to notice a vibration from the engine and noticed the rubber bushings were toast. And so I ordered all Polly bushings, engine, front a-arm, and rear trailing arm. Has anyone done this or are there other threads about this. Any help is greatly appreciated. I hope to keep my xa forever lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Adding Poly bushings to your xA is equivalent to adding them to any other car. You'll get the same results. If your stock mounts were toast, then they obviously need to be replaced. Not sure how many miles you have on your xA and on those stock mounts, but you have to be careful when swapping loose bushings to new hard ones. See, for the past whatever years, your motor has been used to having a lot of play and being sloppy and no movement is threatening. Now, those mounts are not going to allow movement which will snap wornout arms and such. So check for stress and things of that nature. Also, with these bushings you will notice less engine movement, but will notice a tad more vibration movement transfered to the frame and feel it in your steering wheel/seat, so do not be alarmed. Good luck.