turbo
50.00%
supercharger
50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

s/c - t/c reliablity

Old 10-24-2008, 04:45 PM

Default s/c - t/c reliablity

i'm pretty much leaning more towards doin a s/c install for reliabilty sake... correct me if i am wrong PLEASE! turbo kits are cheaper but it's only real advantage is more easily upgradeable boost pressure... that i have seen so far... please share your stories of withstanding the pressure or breaking under pressure with stock internals... i would really love to install a t/c but also don't want to trash an engine or be messin with it daily or weekly i want to install and enjoy maintenance is ok but hours on end of tuning and installation and parts melting from the turbos heat.... all seem almost inevitable
Old 10-25-2008, 03:43 PM

has anyone dealt with a turbo specialties kit? i found the complete kit with intercooler injectors and "everything" for 2299 just wanna know if its a p.o.s.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

If I was you I would just go with the supercharger..I mean its not like your going to take your box to the drag strip or autoX? I figured you just want a little more bump in your ride without sacrificing reliability. If you have the money go with t/c because it has way more potential then a supercharger. But even though it might seem a little cheaper to purchase a t/c in the beginning..after all the money you have too throw down for installation, tuning, problems, and etc. Your going to end up with a larger bill then if you were to go with supercharger. Upgrading stock internals should be a must..especially if you are going turbo. Better to be safe than sorry.