Notices

This Xa is SLOWwwww

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member

Default This Xa is SLOWwwww

I want to put a rear mounted turbo on my xa, the car is completely stock. What kind of boost pressure can i run on it with out killing that little motor? Thanks,
Nick
Old 01-26-2011, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

best way to find out is dont put the spring in the wastegate
lol jk jk rear mount turbo? why? i know getting in the back of that tiny engine bay is a ____ but still!!! rear mounts ftl!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

On stock internals 4-6 psi

Those rods are no thicker than my pinky. You will eventually grenade the motor after pro-longed use.

Remember your doing something that wasn't supposed to be done. So my advice build the motor first.

Cause here is what is going to happen.

You'll boost the car on stock internals, it will be fun for a minute. Then like most of us your sense of male stupidity will kick in and you will up the boost to see how far you can push it, then BAM

XBG
Old 01-26-2011, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member

There is a lot of room under that big bubblebutt back bumper...why not use the space? and there is even LESS room under the xa hood than i have seen under any hood....maybe even a smart car. Plus i can only imagine how hot all of the turbo gets in that small of a space. I just wanted to be first with the rear mount turbo in a xa.

p.s. while im in here (noob question): what is the deal with engine management in an xa? if your gonna run a turbo set up in one of those cars, can you get a harness for an AEM and hook it up and tune with it, or are there alot of other things that i am missing in order for it to work?
thanks,
Nick
Old 01-29-2011, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have it on 6psi and have been running it for 45k miles so far. Like XBG says, my engine will blow up eventually. I'm just waiting for it to happen so that I can rebuild the internals.

I am using a Greddy emanage piggyback and there is a split second lag when first going into boost so for a split second, the engine runs super lean. When the piggyback kicks in, the AFR goes back to being the correct setting for boost.

I recommend just getting a stand alone fuel management (if I could do it all over again) like AEM and don't worry about harnesses and stuff for a piggy back system.

You will also need a new clutch. The stock one can't handle 4-6psi.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had 10psi for 30k miles and nothing happened. I used a supercharger tho blitz type. Also with that supercharger aem intake and dc sports header and cat back exhaust my car dynod at 96 whp. Then I sold it and bought a 350z
Old 04-02-2012, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jesteratc
I had 10psi for 30k miles and nothing happened. I used a supercharger tho blitz type. Also with that supercharger aem intake and dc sports header and cat back exhaust my car dynod at 96 whp. Then I sold it and bought a 350z

dude only 96whp im srry but thats horrible...i have the same xA with 112whp and 113tq thx to just dc sport header and magnaflow cat-back. i think you got jewd BIG time