Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Free DVD's for those who wanna help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Free DVD's for those who wanna help.

I am currently looking to get an in dash dvd monitor for my xB and need to know if they will play my burned dvd's. I have a Kenwood KVT910DVD in my Protege 5 and it plays my burned dvd's just fine as does my Kenwood KDVC810 10 disc dvd changer that resides under the passenger seat. So here is my favor to ask of some of the peeps on here. I will be willing to send some people a burnt copy of a movie in order to see if it will play in certain units I am interested in. If it works just send me a reply to let me know that it worked and go ahead and keep the dvd. If it didn't work just let me know as well and just chuck the disc out of the window for all I care. Dvd's are so cheap that I am not worried about it but I have a collection of over 150 movies on blank dvds alone and another 275 purchased movies. I am a big couch potato so I want to make sure my blank dvd's are gonna work before I buy a in dash monitor. Here is the list of units I am interested in so please reply if you own any of these and I can get a dvd out to you soon.

Kenwood:
KVT915DVD
KVT715DVD
DDX7015

Pioneer:
AVICN1
AVHP6600DVD

Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I researched DVD recorders a while ago and found some stuff out.

DVD's are "burned" in "+" or "-" format. DVD- is the more common recording method, but DVD+ is the latest technology. So far, there are only a few DVD recorders that record in both + or - format.

Find out what format your DVD burner uses. Then compare the stats on the DVD players your interested in. DVD players/monitors will list they're playback formats such as DVD-R or DVD+RW etcetera. here's a link on one of your models to check out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

If all else fails, I suppose you could journey to a local electronics store and test drive a demo player.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:58 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution

Default Another place....

you may be able to find information in the players section or possibly other places is

http://www.videohelp.com/

Check it out, it has a lot of info on CD/DVD/VCD etc.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I work at a car audio shop which do you need tested we carry,

Eclipse
Kenwood
Pioneer
Sony

Old 09-09-2004, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

www.dvdrhelp.com

list all dvd players and what they play.

Good Luck
Old 09-09-2004, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all the responses but I would rather actually try these out just to make sure they work. My Kenwood KVT910DVD didn't say it would work but it does. So like I said if anyone has any of those units I will send them a dvd to keep if they will try it out for me.

Kenwood:
KVT915DVD
KVT715DVD
DDX7015

Pioneer:
AVICN1
AVHP6600DVD
Old 09-09-2004, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You might want to reconsider sending people DVDs that you've copied. It's piracy and it's not something you want to admit to in writing on a forum. Whether you do it or not I don't care but I'd hate for someone to get in trouble for it.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member

ddx7015 Ive got that pm me...
Old 09-09-2004, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zombietime
You might want to reconsider sending people DVDs that you've copied. It's piracy and it's not something you want to admit to in writing on a forum. Whether you do it or not I don't care but I'd hate for someone to get in trouble for it.
I don't think he will get in trouble for sending a DVD to someone. Now if he was selling i tto someone that is a different story but even then I doubt the DVD Police are going to worry about a few disks when they have half the bums in NY selling movie that aren't even out yet. But I understand your concern.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheIcon
Originally Posted by Zombietime
I don't think he will get in trouble for sending a DVD to someone. Now if he was selling i tto someone that is a different story but even then I doubt the DVD Police are going to worry about a few disks when they have half the bums in NY selling movie that aren't even out yet. But I understand your concern.
Is it likely that the FBI will come knocking on your door, no. Is it illegal, yes.

I support peer2peer for all of the potential, legal applications. I do not support simply mailing people dvds because it sets back the cause.

I'd suggest sending people just a section of the movie, not the entire movie. Then, you get your answer, and no serious legal implications.