Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Question about harness and connectors???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 01:08 AM

Default Question about harness and connectors???

Hey All,

I just joined, I did use the search function but do to the amount of threads and search criteria, narrowing down exactly what I am trying to find, I am a little lost. I posted on clubxb but I think that forum is nearly dead, doesn't seem like there is a lot of activity.

I bought the Scosche connector bascially the Metra one that connects the factory harness to the new radio. There are the 2 main connectors that are in the Scosche kit that match the factory connections but I am confused, there is another connector, my car only has the aux in connection - the wires going to this other connector are a thicker silver wire, a red and light green with a silver-ish twist stripe and there is one or two others.

I am confused as to what they do or what they are for. I can post a picture tomorrow if I get a minute - just started a new position at my job and I am swamped - just looking to find out what the wiring is since most diagrams aren't very clear - can't find a decent one but thought I would post because I am sure its common the two main connectors are on the middle to right hand side if your looking at the back of the factory radio and this one is on the far left hand side. Its a brite white color connector and sorta flat and rectangle.

I already know the blue wire I don't use correct from the new stereo to the adaptor because its for an antenna (although the factory connections the blue is hooked up, then the brown doesn't get used right?

Also, I read on here that the chassis ground is already done through the main harness in our cars right so what do I do with the JVC connection that has a chassis ground - wire it to the black on the connector harness??

Thanks, Zac.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get in touch with Crutchfield. They have information on your factory harness and all the metra ones they send out when you buy a radio with them. They'll get you sorted out.