Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Are there any RCA Outputs on the Scion Deck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 06:42 AM
TJ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Are there any RCA Outputs on the Scion Deck?

Is there a pair of RCA Outs on the Scion Deck? I would like to eventually put a 10" in the back. I also noticed that under the front passenger seat would be a nice place to install an amp or in the small cargo hold in the rear of the xB.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member

There are no RCA outputs on the stock deck. You have to use a line converter or use an amp with high level input (such as the bazooka).
Old 07-01-2003, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just bought a PAC OEM-2 line out converter to run RCA cables, now i took apart the front panel and fouund the front speaker wires but does anyone know where the stock amp is located, i wanna hook up the line-out converter to the rear spekaers. i just need the location of the stock amp so i can do some splicing. imma go ask at work if they have any wiring diagrams/pictures on the computers, ill let you guys know if interested...plus if you have any questions, i work at a toyota dealership in san diego maybe i can inquire for stuff people want.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:59 AM

on stock radios ther are never rca pre outs you have to get a high to low level converter.

Old 08-14-2003, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i doubt there is an external amp in the scions. i think all the power is in the head unit. If there is an external amp, boy its pathetic.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i think the scion radio has good power for an OEM head unit. i'm running my stock speakers right now and i just added a subwoofer with an amp bridged to 1 channel and it sounds great and wasn't too expensive.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by TOY_bB
....... i took apart the front panel and fouund the front speaker wires but does anyone know where the stock amp is located, i wanna hook up the line-out converter to the rear spekaers......
Why dont you just pull out the rear speakers and tap into those instead of running the RCAs all the way from the front to the back :?:
Old 08-14-2003, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah, that's what i did. i tapped the wires to the rear speakers and ran them to the hi impedance input on my amp. works perfect, and i didn't have to run wires all the way from the front to the back of the car.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member

May be a stupid question but why do you need to splice both rear speakers and not just one. I'm asking cause I really have no idea, but thanks to this site, I'm learning.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member

left speaker right speaker need both like if a bass note hits and its on one side and thats the opposite side that you connected to u wont hear anything
Old 08-15-2003, 04:00 AM
5 Year Member

Got cha. I plan on buying a amplified tube soon. So I can use this method to hook the amplified tube up also???
Old 08-15-2003, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member

Hey Eric, did you pull power from somewhere in the back also, and what did you use to active the amps remote on/off. I'm figuring you hooked it up to an ignition powered line. Did you have to run these lines to the front or is everything back there that you need for ignition and constant power?
Old 08-15-2003, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member

"What gauge is the speaker wire? I'm planning to t-tap my speaker wires to run them into my sub, and I want to know what gauge taps to buy."
Old 08-15-2003, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ghasper
what wire-gauge do i need if I'm goign to splice the rear speaker-wires to run to a basslink?
I would use the same size as the wire going to the speakers from the deck
Old 08-15-2003, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member

what size are those?
Old 09-17-2003, 04:08 PM

I think the wires are 16 gauge. But anyway I need to hook up an amp to my stock stereo. So I would need the PAC OEM-2 line out converter to run RCA cables? Is this correct? Please let me know. I need to hook up my 12s in the back.

Old 09-17-2003, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you don't need a line converter if you have an amp with a hi impedance input. if your amp has both RCA inputs and inputs to put speaker wire in, then you can just use the signal from your factory radio. that's what i did and it works great.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:45 PM

So, all I have to do is splice my rear speaker wire to my amp then connet my amp to the 12s?

Old 09-17-2003, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah, i tapped off the rear speakers. works great. then you just need to hook the amp up to power, and ground, and attach the remote wire to a switch or to ignition since the stock radio doesn't have a remote turn on wire that i know of. then just hook your sub to the amp and it will work. you can use the radio's fader to adjust the level of the rear sub, too.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:09 PM

Nice thanks eric. you should see the speakers I have that I am going to hook up. Check out these subs. http://www.mattguillory.com/gallery/album06/Gabe_04

Quick Reply: Are there any RCA Outputs on the Scion Deck?