Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Viper 791 Window Mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Viper 791 Window Mod

Hello everyone,

I installed my viper 791 like 5 months ago, with the remote start and windows down and up.

Now my question is, i cant pull down or up my passenger side windows with the drivers control. I have taken it back to the shop who installed it for me and they havent figured it out, i have wasted days after days with these people, including i took it back like 2 months later after they couldnt fix it, because there was a guy there with 10 years of experience on this stuff. He actually got it to work for like 20secs, then it would just stop working again, he even couldnt figure it out.

Has anybody had any problems of this sort with this alarm and the window mod ?

The guy who had 10 year experience told me to get the electrical diagram of the car, or something like this, to see if he can figure it out.

Any information that you guys can give me, would be greatlly appreciate it. Really been going through hell with this.

Thanks You.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm gonna laugh really, really hard if it's because you have to re-program the windows.

no offense

seriously....

at least try, with the car on hold down the switch for about 20 seconds, then hold it up for about 20 seconds and see if that fixes it....

boy will that be funny if it is.....

also if you can dis-connect your negative on your battery without interfering with the alarm settings (which it probably will) and re-program your sunroof and windows it might work

but 10 years of experience is a little hard to argue with, also I would take it to a dealership and tell them the alarm was professionaly installed and this shouldn't be happening. worst they can do is blame it on your alarm and it's back on you to fix it.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So did they put in an external window module, or did they tie into the auto up/down pulse feature?

As Otocan said, hopefully it's nothing stupid like that. Even with his experience he may not know about having to reprogram it after BCM reset.

I'm wondering if they tied into your window wires after the fusebox. If (A) there is a window fuse (which I'm pretty sure there is, or at least should be), and (B) it's blown, then it's possible that (if the wire is tapped past the fuse) that the buttons no longer work (stop at the blown fuse) but the alarm still works (operates past the blown fuse). Just check all the fuses.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok ill definetly try to reprogram the windows, but then again i doubt that this is cousin it, but trying never hurts.

and as for blown fuses, we checked that more than 10x.

Any other ideas ? will post if reprograming worked.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It didnt work, any alternatives ? my right side window goes down and up with the passenger control, but it doesnt go down or up with the drivers control.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

sounds like a relay problem i have a directed alarm and the same thing happened to me with the door trigger it would work fine on other doors but not the driver door...anyway sounds like the wire that tells the relay to send power to the window motor is disconnected so when you hit the button the relay doesn't switch over or the relay is bad or your module is bad just get a multimeter and check the switch for power when you push it it should tell u if its working good luck
Old 06-10-2005, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea all thats been done apparently all the cables are working good, and everything else is working good, but the tech guy couldnt figure it out.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well it sounds like they really messed something up and just saying this everything is installed ok. When installed properly your vehicle window switches should work fine. Tell them to take it out completely and see if they work as they are supposed too.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, you just didn't reprogram it long enough. Hold the down window fro about 10 seconds (even after it's all the way down), then 10 seconds up, then down, then up, repeat for a bout a minute. Unless you fried your BCM and your car can't remember (lol), it's just not programed.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it still didnt work rivulent maybe im doing it wrong ? if you care to explained detailed step by step.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you ever get the problem resolved? I am having the same problem after intalling the 530t in another members car. I am pretty sure that i know how to fix it but i have to try it first.

i know this is contradicting to my earlier post, this seems to be an isolated prob
Old 08-15-2005, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kumitsu
it still didnt work rivulent maybe im doing it wrong ? if you care to explained detailed step by step.
I had the same problem on Clifford intelli-window module with venting. You have Viper,
it's all from Directed Electronics and on their install manuals for tC, it's required to disable the button control in order to make the windows work. What my buddy did is instead of fixing the problem, he has added another button to send data pluse to the windows module and I can fully control the passenger side window. Since all the window module is data. Be sure you have a diode so that data sends in one way and not both. I don't have the full detail because my installer buddy figure the way out and I didn't. I will try to get a electrical diagram for you to see.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had these on when i first installed my viper 791 alarm. DEI 530T
they arent compatible with our windows. so the week after i uninstalled it to avoid any problems in the future

the installer told me: the signal goes to the relay instead of going directly to the motor. im pretty sure thats why they dont work correctly.

as far as the windows not rolling down, go back and uninstall the window module. then disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes or so. then reconnect it and try rolling your windows up and down. (roll them fully up and down) do the same for the sunroof. and hope it works
Old 08-16-2005, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So there's no way to keep the 530t module and get it to work? I just had mine installed yesterday and I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the passenger window works and other times it doesn't.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there might be a way to get it to work, but i saved my time and a few headaches and just uninstalled it. maybe you can trade it for the 529T module and hook it up to the sunroof.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PoizentC
So there's no way to keep the 530t module and get it to work? I just had mine installed yesterday and I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the passenger window works and other times it doesn't.
Just add the extra button like I did. It works fine, the whole point is you want your winodws to roll up and down and vent when you arm and disarm, having a extra button
to do the passenger window is quick and because it's all data. Ask your installer to help you.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mowmow
Just add the extra button like I did. It works fine, the whole point is you want your winodws to roll up and down and vent when you arm and disarm, having a extra button
to do the passenger window is quick and because it's all data. Ask your installer to help you.
when you say "have an extra button", do you mean a different channel for the passenger window?

the problem with my windows when i had the module installed was when i tried rolling down my windows without the remote, they would go down the same way it vents. and i like the one-touch roll up/down feature.

maybe the installer didnt know how to install it correctly and BS'd me and said "it wont work properly"

so my question is will the windows work normally (one-touch roll up/down) when you have the 530t installed?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all you need to do is is run 2 (up/down) wires from the drivers side pass window switch to the pass side switch. diode isolating it of course. there is no reason to just totally uninstall it.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC875
Originally Posted by mowmow
when you say "have an extra button", do you mean a different channel for the passenger window?

the problem with my windows when i had the module installed was when i tried rolling down my windows without the remote, they would go down the same way it vents. and i like the one-touch roll up/down feature.

maybe the installer didnt know how to install it correctly and BS'd me and said "it wont work properly"

so my question is will the windows work normally (one-touch roll up/down) when you have the 530t installed?
I notice that at first when I first got my alarm installed. I tend to push the factory button a bit harder and the one touch up and down still works. The extra button is just
a regular window switch that sends data to the passenger window, separate from
the alarm.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member

i had 2 get 2 529t's, one in each door. we still have issues with the drivers side not rolling up the passenger side, and the shop is looking into it with DEI support. this is a ____in headache.

Quick Reply: Viper 791 Window Mod