Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Bagged at last (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt know that he had spent the $3200 on installation and the kit, so i will say im sorry for that, but its just doesnt sit very low for that kinda price tag
Old 07-02-2007, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BoiseAuctioneer
From a TRUE pro! Looking good as always Ted~! NOW GET UP HERE AND PAINT MY BOX!
LOL I closed my shop and am currently unemployed. For the right price if you had the place such a scheme might even be possible
Old 07-02-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

$1600 sits like this
Old 07-02-2007, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by TerribleTed
Originally Posted by low_down_xb
what setup did you use because for $3200 you got ripped, it doesnt even sit that low
How can you categorically state that??? Maybe he had it installed. Maybe he got a high tech computerized control system like the Air Ride Level pro that I run. Maybe he got ripped off, but then again maybe not. I agree that his full down picture does not look that low.

I spent nearly $4,000 on my air system components and hardware. I installed it all myself. Mine sits like this:
Did I get ripped off??...you may think so....but I love my system and I think not!
TED I've gotta say that is one Bad ___ Ride!!! Great job!!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spider13
$1600 sits like this
Spider that is Nice I love the stance!!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mooneyzs
$1600 sits like this
Yup thats the typical stance. Tialian just needs to mod hi front inner areas so he can drop it this low. The extra money I spent was in electrnic ride control and extras
Old 07-02-2007, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep.......and I meant it too. I don't see any point in lowering a vehicle that much. They look broken. An inch or two tops to fill up the fenderwells looks nice. Any more than that makes them look like taco wagons from LA. When I see someone in a car like that, I keep expecting to hear Salsa music blasting and see fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Starbuck
yep.......and I meant it too. I don't see any point in lowering a vehicle that much. They look broken. An inch or two tops to fill up the fenderwells looks nice. Any more than that makes them look like taco wagons from LA. When I see someone in a car like that, I keep expecting to hear Salsa music blasting and see fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror.
Thats funny I see a 50+ year old talking Crap on a forum and wonder what lodged up his @$$

To each his own! If he wants his xB to be dropped and enjoy his car then so be it!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by BoiseAuctioneer
Thats funny I see a 50+ year old talking Crap on a forum and wonder what lodged up his @$$

To each his own! If he wants his xB to be dropped and enjoy his car then so be it!
He's not even worth the time to respond to. I agree Most old people don't like lowered cars anyway.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Funniest part is the cars he is talking about aren't even as low as most xbs even on 13 inch knock offs.......

Now this is low

Old 07-02-2007, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Funniest part is the cars he is talking about aren't even as low as most xbs even on 13 inch knock offs.......

Now this is low

Nice Ride Spider..... Its not low enough if it doesn't scrape......
Old 07-02-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by TerribleTed
$1600 sits like this
Yup thats the typical stance. Tialian just needs to mod hi front inner areas so he can drop it this low. The extra money I spent was in electrnic ride control and extras
Yeah, mines as basic as it gets, no gauges or anything.....It just makes to many places for it to leak.

I'll bet that Tialians car is on Universal Air or some AIM universal junk, by a shop without a clue. Thats why its most likely not low....Its got huge long struts in it still. No Offense to Tialian.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now this is low

now thats what im talkin about, :D is that your personal truck?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nah he said above that is isnt aired all the way out due to wheel fender interference
Old 07-02-2007, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Nice Ride Spider..... Its not low enough if it doesn't scrape......

wish it was mine to claim....just something i saw online today.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

My fenders have spacers built into the bottom mounts to push them out, to clear the wheels. They still take a beating. I still have most of my inner fenders....everything that hasn't "self clearanced"
Old 07-02-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

My fenders have spacers built into the bottom mounts to push them out, to clear the wheels. They still take a beating. I still have most of my inner fenders....everything that hasn't "self clearanced"
LOL @ "self Clearanced"...hehe...

I can't wait til I have my box lower than it is now..... I am planning on going the Coilover route
Old 07-02-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess its time to get some fuzzy dice ! ;)

Thanks for the comments guys.

The shop I've been working with is the only one around, but they do good work. They even put a new ground light kit on for free (the other one got tore up in car washes which is one of the reasons I got the air ride - so I could lift the car up avoiding damage and allowing the wheel wells to be washed!).

I'll talk to my guy Norm about making modifications to make it sit lower. I may wait until after I get a new lip kit and a paint job so I can see exactly how low I can go.

And to Starbuck, your generation of ladies aren't into air rides. It just so happens that mine is. You know what they say...

"Men don't buy nice cars because they like nice cars, they buy nice cars because they know women-like-nice-cars. You see men are hunters, and the car is the bait!"

-Dave Chappelle
Old 07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tialian
"Men don't buy nice cars because they like nice cars, they buy nice cars because they know women-like-nice-cars. You see men are hunters, and the car is the bait!"

-Dave Chappelle
Yessir!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, good luck and drive carefully

Quick Reply: Bagged at last (pics)