Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Just switched from Stock Springs to Eibach's

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just switched from Stock Springs to Eibach's

Well folks, thanks to ScifixB (Matt) (and major props to Rey, Roger and all the NorCal people who showed just to watch ) I am now riding on some precompressed Eibach Pro Kit Springs... had them installed on Friday and I just measured them again today, they've overall dropped to 1.5" in the front and 1" in the back. Any more in the back and it would look funny in the stance, and it in total looks really great.

I'm not going to cover up that there is a ride difference, but it becomes a matter of preference. I like firm rides, but it definitely does well to cover up the bumps. I've driver w/ several passengers all of whom couldn't tell the difference from stock. I'm a nitty gritty driver and I've noticed that it doesn't "resonate" at all on bumps, it reacts, and that's it. I happen to like that a lot, reminds me of the way my mustang handled. A little bit firmer in the turns too, I came back on 84 from highway 1 yesterday, managed to take 25 and 15 mph turns doing 40 easily, no tire screeching and no exagerated body lean.. highly recommended..

btw, NorCal guys, sorry i couldn't make it to the meet, i couldn't access the site on saturday morning and was out all day long.. I called Matt, but he must of been out busy pimpin' his newly dropped xB...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2266
Old 10-05-2003, 06:01 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Take a photo for us... I need one to post in the gallery.

* yeah, the site crashed and I didn't know about it. It took me abot three minutes to fix it. Dammit!

Darren
Old 10-05-2003, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nice to hear that you like your Eibach springs. Don't worry about missing the meet last night @Starbucks. More to come! M@tt should be posting pictures soon. Wes,Jim and M@tt are going to be working on their Xb for some lighting works. Ah..ya.. "The things we put in our Boxes"! Late......
Old 10-06-2003, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Toufic!!

Hey bro... sorry we didn't hook up sat night. I accidently set my cell to the wrong mode and didn't know you called till afterwards. At any rate.. your xA looks SWEET with the Eibach drop. I'm also glad that you like the way it rides/handles. Keep monitoring the NorCal gallery as I will be uploading installation and meet pics throughout the day today.

Peace,
m@

P.S. The pics are up now!!! Click Here
Old 10-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

toufic,

sorry you couln't make it. m@ told me about the spring install and i was looking forward to seeing my first droppe xA. next time!

squirrel
Old 10-06-2003, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, me and my friend were driving around mountain view looking for a herd of xBs, figured out later we were on the completely wrong side of Mountain View, we were closer to 101 than el camino. soon enough though,and maybe by the next time I'll have the cash/time to put in some new wheels...