Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

pictures of my car lowered and raised.

Old 08-13-2003, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

tell me about it. i already screwed up some of my paint and put a little crease in one of my fenders trying to make it fit with my front wheels. but i don't want to spend the money to replace a fender right now so i guess i'll live with it since it's not too bad. oh well. it's just a car. but now i feel like i shouldn't be cutting up my car so much since i'm hearing things like the xB is hard to get now and they might discontinue it in a few years. if they do, i am literally going to buy 2 new xBs and put them in storage or something. it's going to be hard for anyone to come up with a cooler car than the scion xB, in my opinion.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

discontinued?? wow that really sucks. lucky i got my car already.

oh yea eric m. your car looks really good! i wish i had the time/money/skill to do all of that work. congrats.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member

eric:
hello. great looking ride. did you make the air ride yourself? where did you get the hardware?

i went to master image customs for a new install, and the quoted me $4300 for rear bags, front cylinders and all hardware. very expensive. need more info, please.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by laXb
eric: hello. great looking ride. did you make the air ride yourself? where did you get the hardware?

i went to master image customs for a new install, and the quoted me $4300 for rear bags, front cylinders and all hardware. very expensive. need more info, please.
$3500-$4500 is normal for the kind of setup i have. that is why my friend and i want to help some of you guys out who have scions. we use only the top of the line parts and we can do a full install including all parts for under $2500. PM me if you really want to have this done and we can do it for you. it will only take a few days to complete the job. MIC will probably need to keep your car for at least 3 weeks, especially since they've never done a scion before. but i have, so it will be easy. master image does good work, don't get me wrong, but we can do a professional job for less money in less time, and we guarantee our work. so let me know if you're interested. i've already gotten emails and PMs from a few people, which is good. i've had my air few a couple weeks now and i love it. i know you guys will too.

we get all the hardware from industrial air suppliers, not shady automotive supply places. it's all stuff that is used in heavy duty applications in automation and such. i have a degree in automated manufacturing and i used to build industrial robotics before i got into lasers, and SMC is the best quality stuff that i know of for valves and cylinders. it's all made in japan and lasts longer than any other brand i've heard of. my friend nick, who i will be doing the installs with, has done over 100 custom airbag/cylinder setups. if you've seen a truck video with cars/trucks on bags, he has done some of them. there aren't very many people in the country who specialize in doing air, so this is a good opportuninty for you guys who are interested. even though nick isn't building air systems professionally anymore since he is into performance now, he needs money to finish his project car and this is a great way to get some extra cash and also help out all the scion people.

if you have any more questions, please let me know. we don't want to force this kind of setup on anyone, because air is not for everyone. but if it's something you want or have been wanting, this is your chance to get a quality air setup at a good price.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:23 PM
bob
5 Year Member

Eric,

I may be interested in just the brackets, did you say they are bolt in? Also, can you give me the SMC part # for the cylinders you used? I have a source for SMC parts wholsale in my area so it would be easy to just get the brackets from you and the parts up here.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 08-15-2003, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sure bob, i will get back to you with the part numbers. when we get some brackets made up, i'll let you know. we are designing them right now.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sick man... it's just sick.

Love ur dope ___ airbag system..i'm too poor for that. i'll just envy ur ride instead.

u should seriously request an import magazine to do an article on u and the car...who knows..ur xB will be on the next cover of subcompact performance...or import tuners...

it's an awesome ride and love ur dubs...who makes them?
Old 08-15-2003, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

my wheels are 19" axis mesh 2. you can see them on the axis website. there is a picture of my car there, as well. i ordered them from www.scioned.com. they have really good prices and are really cool to deal with. i highly recommend them.

hopefully i can get into "box" magazine or something one day. i really need to enter some shows or it will never happen though.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member

those 19" look awesome, and are really tucked. however, i believe 17" with proper rubbers will have the car sit lower. any reason why you chose the 19"? what about turning radius?
Old 08-18-2003, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i chose 19" before i decided to put the car on air. but i am selling my 19s and i am going to try other options for now. although i looks awesome on those big wheels. turning radius is like stock.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:11 PM
bob
5 Year Member

Eric,

Did you get a chance to look at the part numbers for the SMC cylinders? Also please let me know when you have pricing on the brackets.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2003, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Default Air bags

Eric the XB on bags looks sick. Have always thought about airbags on a ride... Whats the maintence hours to keep everything running correctly so your front end doesn't drop right into the ground while your driving??? Let me know I'm hightly interested.

Jay