Notices

Best xB Snow Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

This will be the second winter duty cycle for them and they were flawless last year. I went through 8 inches of un-plowed heavy wet snow and it didn't miss a beat. I hope they will last for a few more winters. The way they are wearing I don't see that being a problem.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TJ
Originally Posted by TEASER
Just installed mine today, studs should help in icey weather.
I got the studded 14's. How's the noise level?
Not to bad, obviously loader but safer Sterio compinsates for the extra noise level. It will be sound deadin over the winter. I tink more noise comes from engine then the rest of the car.

And at 80 tyo 100 MPH I know im right...
Old 12-15-2005, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Tires

I have Coopers - this is my second winter and they are great. they wear much better than the Blizzaks. I put on 12,000 miles on them last year and they looked new. I run stock size. They are less $$$ than Blizzacks.
Blizzaks have a very soft compound that is only half of the tread. . . so when you wear them only half way out it they are useless as snow tires - most folks do not realize this. If you do not do much mileage they are very good - but I drive 40-50k a year. I would wear out a set in one season. Also the Blizzaks are not as great in real deep snow.
read a lot of the reviews at TireRack and many complete complain about wear. If you keep your Blizzacks on a little longer than you should in the spring you will wear them out super quick.
FYI - A few friends that used to buy Blizzaks have tried the Coopers - they are as satisfied as I am. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:24 PM

Default Snow tires

After reading information here I invested in Blizzaks for my 2006 Scion xB. I actually hated my car and wanted to get rid of it. I was terrified to drive in snow for the first time in my life. However, I've had 3 substantial snowstorms in the last 3 weeks and my car handles GREAT! If you need to drive in winter: get the Blizzaks. Worth every penny.