Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

DIY: xB Sidemarker Modification

Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 AM
SL Member
Premium Member

It would look really awesome if ONE side would blink and not ALL of them when you turn a blinker on lol.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone can help me out...

I tried doing this DIY on my 06.5 and started w/ the passenger side, as shown.

I CUT the WHITE/BLACK wire on the sidemarker & TAPPED it to GREEN/ORANGE wire on the corner bulb. When I turned on my parking lights, the sidemarker didn't light up w/ the corner bulb. The sidemarker DID blink w/ the turn signals, but only when the parking/head lights weren't on.

I have an LED flasher relay & Type 1 LED switchback corner bulbs, if that means anything. However, I did switch back to the OEM relay & bulb, but it made no difference.

I followed the suggestion to try the other two wires. I tapped into the GREEN/YELLOW wire and got nothing from the sidemarker at all. Then I tapped the WHITE/BLACK wire & the sidemarker behaved normally as if it was never cut...blinking w/ the turn signal while Off, Parking & Lo/Hi Beams, but still not lighting up & staying on w/ the parking lights.

I don't know what else to do. I didn't try the driver side yet because I don't want to cut another wire and not complete the mod. Can anybody tell if what I did wrong, experienced this or have any suggestions?
Old 08-29-2014, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

Originally Posted by ikenj
I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone can help me out...

I tried doing this DIY on my 06.5 and started w/ the passenger side, as shown.

I CUT the WHITE/BLACK wire on the sidemarker & TAPPED it to GREEN/ORANGE wire on the corner bulb. When I turned on my parking lights, the sidemarker didn't light up w/ the corner bulb. The sidemarker DID blink w/ the turn signals, but only when the parking/head lights weren't on.

I have an LED flasher relay & Type 1 LED switchback corner bulbs, if that means anything. However, I did switch back to the OEM relay & bulb, but it made no difference.

I followed the suggestion to try the other two wires. I tapped into the GREEN/YELLOW wire and got nothing from the sidemarker at all. Then I tapped the WHITE/BLACK wire & the sidemarker behaved normally as if it was never cut...blinking w/ the turn signal while Off, Parking & Lo/Hi Beams, but still not lighting up & staying on w/ the parking lights.

I don't know what else to do. I didn't try the driver side yet because I don't want to cut another wire and not complete the mod. Can anybody tell if what I did wrong, experienced this or have any suggestions?

Do you have leds in your side markers?
I'm not sure what the problem could be