Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

How to remove front bumper (xB)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default How to remove front bumper (xB)?

Anyone done this yet, I need to take off my bumper so i can install my new tricked out blue colored Street Fighter 5 front aero kit. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

first, are you joking? i didn't know there was such a kit for the xB yet.

second, i have done this and i can help you. the bumper is just held in with little plastic clips that you can pop off with a flat head screwdriver. there is this one plastic thing that holds the plastic bumper to the metal fender and that might have a philips screw, but i don't remember. it's probably another plastic clip. the bumper is really easy to take off, but be careful not to lose any clips or it will flop around when you put it or the aftermarket one on and if i see it i will laugh at you.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

i want to see some pic when u get it on
Old 10-22-2003, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member

Try kicking it real hard. J/K

Eric is right, that's pretty much what we did when we made our own kit. Bunch of little plastic clips, screws....

Just as the original grill which only takes about 30 sec to take it off, the bumper doesn't take that long, but it's not 30 sec. And becareful, dont lose the original clip.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks guys...about how many of these clips are we talking about?

And to those who want to see pictures of my Street Fighter 5 kit...I will only show you them if you have pictures of the Black Widow 4 kit with the monster hood add on.

Of course, i'm joking.

Is there much room behind the bumper, like above the fog light area? I'm trying to mount something about the size of an average digital camera on both sides under neath all that bumper madness.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:34 AM

Hi Scion posse. I am new to this site, as well as doing mods to my 04 XBox, and real good at making a small task into an all day affair. I am a mobile personal trainer,and use my box to schlep equipment to my clients home and outdoor locations. I need my Xbox to give me the most fuel economy AND the most power I can get. I did my research, and I intend to do the following: tomorrow I am having a cat back (no res) 2 1/4" Magnaflow custom exhaust installed, and I am installing an Injen cai and a Strup header this weekend. After reading the instructions, I need to remove the bumper. I would like a start point as to how to do this (and pics if I can get them). Do I begin at the wheel well and remove a screw and start pulling on the bumper and "hope" I don't break anything... or is there a 1,2,3 dance step I can do? Do I need to disconnect the stock foglights? Also, any other advice in installing this equipment or experience in using this equipment is welcomed. I am paying a mechanic friend by the hour to use his tools and lift so I can get my box to another level jump in power. Any suggestions or pics before Saturday are much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance. PS anyone in the Poway San Diego area?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

It's very simple.

*Remove the grill (3 plastic pop up plugs, 2 small flathead screwdrivers does the trick).
*remove the 2 screws and 1 plastic pop up plug
*Remove the screws at each wheel well
*Up undernieth there is a few screws and a few of the plastic pop up plugs holding the bottom "tabs" of the bumper on that need to be removed.
*I don't have OEM fogs, but i'm assuming you can reach up from under and unplug them, or pop them out or ???
*after all the fastners are out, lift and pull each end near the fender well, they are latched onto the headlights, but pull right off. then just pull it off the car, if you missed any fastners, you'll know. I may be off on the fastner counts, been a couple months since i pulled one.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

While the five year thread bump indicates that you searched () the thread's five years old. Wow.

Anyway, it's really easy. Read the directions above and you're all good.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I just noticed how old this is! this is better:

http://scionlife.org/Scion_Docs/2004...eplacement.pdf
Old 10-15-2009, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The right side of my bumper was fastened with glue (a repair tactic used by a Toyota dealership). So its not fastened now because I needed to remove it to install lights in my bumper.