Go Back   Scionlife.com » Scion xB Classic » Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge » Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

View Poll Results: DO you have this rust problem
Found Rust in Doors 59 34.71%
Didnt Find Anyting 111 65.29%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2006, 02:22 AM   #21
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

hayalex6 27/M

Send a message via AIM to hayalex6

This is covered under the rust waranty, so check if you have it, and if you do, take it in to get looked at.
hayalex6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:27 AM   #22
Max
5 Year Member

SL Member

Max 32/M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight08customs
yup pretty true I just came back fromt he dealership and they said something about beforre they can do anything has to have an hole... that is BS to me...
Not quite, read this again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremtok
From the "Owner's Warranty Information" Booklet at Scion.com (http://www.scion.com/assets/media/pd...arranty_04.pdf)

Corrosion Perforation Warranty
This warranty covers repair or replacement of any original body
panel that develops perforation from corrosion (rust-through),
subject to the exceptions indicated...
Old 04-25-2006, 02:30 AM   #23
5 Year Member
SL Member

xB_Nutt 51/M

Lexington, Kentucky checking in with a no rust in that particular area. Just ran out to the garage and checked. (Funny thing is the wife didn't even bat an eyelash, guess she's used to me going out there late at night...) My box is garage kept, but gets it fair share of water thrown on it. (I have been known to wash it 3-4 times in one week) My theory would have to be with the others as far as your climate contributing to the rust. I would just put some corrosion inhibitor on it and not mess with the dealership. Those clowns would probably just mess it up even more...
xB_Nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:50 AM   #24
Sponsor

SL Member
Scion Evolution

eight08customs M

Forjworks
Send a message via AIM to eight08customs Send a message via Yahoo to eight08customs

thaks guys keepo n checking we are noticing that the lighter colored cars like the white and the Silver showing up really bad
eight08customs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:01 AM   #25
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ghost_1 35/M

Send a message via AIM to Ghost_1

I live in Maryland, about 15 minutes outside of Washington DC. . . I've had my TCM xB since August '04 and I just checked, no rust and no signs of rust on the corners of the doors.

Scion Evolution
http://www.scionevolution.org/
I'm not in it anymore but I'll still represent.
Ghost_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:26 AM   #26
5 Year Member
SL Member
YellowSubxB 114/M

Hi - We have 2 05 xBs, a blue one purchased in February '05 and a yellow RS 2.0 purchased in June of '05. We live on long Island east of NYC so we have somewhat similar evironmental issues being surrounded by salt water. Although I can clearly see that one or two of our eight doors (2 cars) corners are not very tight and could down the road be a source of water infiltration and rust through but right now it shows no signs of any rust there. What is the general issue of rust on other brands of cars in Hawaii?
YellowSubxB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:31 AM   #27
5 Year Member
SL Member

firesquare 31/M

firesquare82
Send a message via AIM to firesquare Send a message via MSN to firesquare Send a message via Yahoo to firesquare

when i pulled back my black tape from the pillars, i saw the paint was already damaged. (looks like a light sanding) ill soon replace the pillar tape with long life vynal
147,843 miles
3/10/04 to 12/10/09. May she idle in peace.
Reppin' the 910, 919 & 845
firesquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:33 AM   #28
5 Year Member
SL Member
JDMRyde 32/M

Default rust

hey marshall. I just checked and guess what....my 2006 BSP xb has the rust...it sux &^#%^&%. WTF..ive had the car for only 3 months...dealer better fix this....
JDMRyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:22 AM   #29
Sponsor

SL Member
Scion Evolution

eight08customs M

Forjworks
Send a message via AIM to eight08customs Send a message via Yahoo to eight08customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSubxB
Hi - We have 2 05 xBs, a blue one purchased in February '05 and a yellow RS 2.0 purchased in June of '05. We live on long Island east of NYC so we have somewhat similar evironmental issues being surrounded by salt water. Although I can clearly see that one or two of our eight doors (2 cars) corners are not very tight and could down the road be a source of water infiltration and rust through but right now it shows no signs of any rust there. What is the general issue of rust on other brands of cars in Hawaii?
car in hawaii will rust if oyu live near the beach or go to the beach often... I wash my car at lease 2 times a week and wipe the door jambs.. I laways keep wax on my car... I check the XA and TC today at the dealership and those cars dont have that same seam like the Xbs do.. but unless your very **** in cleaning your car.. I dont think the normal drive would ever pull that door rubber back and look or wipe under there..

As for other cars rusting.. it takes years before a car will rust with just normal driving and washing your car once in a while.. but still a car thats a few months old having this rust problem so soon.. this issue, just imagine scions in about 5 years.. those doors will have holes in them. ..

Even if you use the rust proffing it wouldnt even be put in that area of the door... so we do have an issue... Im just trying to gather more info and pin point on what places other than hawaii is having this problem..
Old 04-25-2006, 06:24 AM   #30
Sponsor

SL Member
Scion Evolution

eight08customs M

Forjworks

guysin hawaii we all should go one day to Scion Hawaii service center to show them how many cars are havingthis problem... andif they dont do any thing abou this we all tell everyone before they buy a scion about this!!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 AM   #31
Admin Emeritus
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

Tomas 67/M

tom.losh

...middle of the night, went out to carport and checked all four doors of my 2005 PW xB: Rear doors nothing visible, front doors, both have a very slight rust discoloration along that joint.

Considering the extremely limited amount of exposure this car has had (just over 5000 miles on the road), it is a bit worrysome to see incipient rust.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:50 AM   #32
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution
craigxb 48/M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas
...middle of the night, went out to carport and checked all four doors of my 2005 PW xB: Rear doors nothing visible, front doors, both have a very slight rust discoloration along that joint.

Considering the extremely limited amount of exposure this car has had (just over 5000 miles on the road), it is a bit worrysome to see incipient rust.
thank god (sorry you got effected) but we aint crazy here in Hawaii. Its way too soon to show any kind of rust.
craigxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #33
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

kkawana 37/M

guess i know what i'll be checking in the morning when i get off work... sigh.. oh well.. hopefully nothing will be found....
www.scionevolution.org

in the hunt for a new paintshop...apparently mine is gone....
kkawana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:09 PM   #34
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jan06xB 60/M

A couple of days after I got my xB last NOvember I got into a heated garage and pulled the wheels off one by one and sprayed undercoat over all the exposed metal - bolts, brake lines, brackets holding brake lines, etc. Around here the salt on the road and the gravel (not sand but gravel) they spread on the roads in the winter are killer plus the humidity is insane most of the time. I think I will apply some "stuff" to the door corners also seeing I have a white xB which seems to be more prone to rusting. I wash mine constantly and keep it waxed.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #35
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

superjeer 40/M

Send a message via AIM to superjeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight08customs
yup pretty true I just came back fromt he dealership and they said something about beforre they can do anything has to have an hole... that is BS to me...
Not quite, read this again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremtok
From the "Owner's Warranty Information" Booklet at Scion.com (http://www.scion.com/assets/media/pd...arranty_04.pdf)

Corrosion Perforation Warranty
This warranty covers repair or replacement of any original body
panel that develops perforation from corrosion (rust-through),
subject to the exceptions indicated...
Dude, how's that "not quite" ?! That's exactly what that says.. it needs to have rusted all the way through and caused a hole before they'll touch it. Then, undoubtedly they'll make you prove there's no trees, salt, rain, or air where you've had your car. In all practicality there is no corrosion warranty on these cars. none.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #36
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jan06xB 60/M

HEY I checked again - duh - only checked the driver door last time and my right rear has some rust color on the paint and was very wet - sun doesn't get on that side much as it faces west next to a building that blocks the sun. Looks like more preventative measures are in order.
I worry about the hood also because the underside has drain holes to let water out but while you are driving in rain / whatever the air / water blows into those hood drains. My last car rusted out along that area.
Don't rely on the dealer to do anything about it - take action and do it yourself!
Old 04-25-2006, 05:11 PM   #37
Max
5 Year Member

SL Member

Max 32/M

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjeer
Dude, how's that "not quite" ?! That's exactly what that says.. it needs to have rusted all the way through and caused a hole before they'll touch it. Then, undoubtedly they'll make you prove there's no trees, salt, rain, or air where you've had your car. In all practicality there is no corrosion warranty on these cars. none.
I meant it's "not quite" BS from his dealer. His dealer is backing up what the manual says. Is it BS that his car is rusting so soon? Yes. Is his dealer full of it? Not quite.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:41 PM   #38
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

superjeer 40/M

ah, ok MY misunderstanding. Mark the date, it's the only time that's happened ;) sorry.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #39
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

superjeer 40/M

And, when I say "no air" and "no environment" that's funny and deserves a quote and LOL.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:22 PM   #40
Assistant Admin
Premium Member
5 Year Member
Assistant Admin
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Sciond 18/F

Send a message via ICQ to Sciond Send a message via AIM to Sciond Send a message via Yahoo to Sciond

zinc oxide here I come...
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Twitter:@sciond/facebook:sciond
There is no new Scion I can buy that fits my needs....
Sciond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Scionlife.com
Scion TC

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 2005, appearance, care, corrosion, door, doors, prevention, repair, rust, rusting, scion, sealing, warranty, xb