Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Wanting new headlights, worried about condensation

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up Wanting new headlights, worried about condensation

Greetings,

I'm curious what people would suggest. I'd like to get new headlights, preferably some that look cool. I have a set of halo projectors at the moment but the aiming is messed up and I can't fix it without them looking weirdly cross-eyed.

I've seen reviews on amazon for new halo projectors but most people complain about condensation issues within a few months.

Curious what people would recommend for decent quality, decent looking headlights that aren't as prone to issues? Pics?
Old 03-10-2016, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Buy some silicone sealant and apply to all of the seams in your headlight housing. It will create a long lasting waterproof seal and keep the inside of your headlights fog and condensation free. See link below.

Amazon.com: Permatex 81730 Flowable Silicone Windshield and Glass Sealer, 1.5 oz.: Automotive Amazon.com: Permatex 81730 Flowable Silicone Windshield and Glass Sealer, 1.5 oz.: Automotive
Old 03-10-2016, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sabot7726
Greetings,

I'm curious what people would suggest. I'd like to get new headlights, preferably some that look cool. I have a set of halo projectors at the moment but the aiming is messed up and I can't fix it without them looking weirdly cross-eyed.

I've seen reviews on amazon for new halo projectors but most people complain about condensation issues within a few months.

Curious what people would recommend for decent quality, decent looking headlights that aren't as prone to issues? Pics?
What I'd recommend depends on what you're looking for your headlights to do. If you just want them to "look cool," then go for whatever aftermarket lights tickle your fancy. Unfortunately - and as you've already found out - most aftermarket lights have questionable build quality, tend to leak water and have very poor usable light output. I don't know about you, but none of those are big selling points for me.

I've been playing with lighting for more years than I want to admit here and I have to tell you, the OEM xB headlights are probably one of the best OEM lights I've ever experienced. They put a ton of usable light on the ground and don't bother oncoming motorists. (Another issue with aftermarket lights.) So if you want the maximum usable light on the ground, I'd go back to stock. But that's just my personal opinion.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member

Brands like Spyder and Anzo offer good quality so there will be no condensation problem if you choose any of these headlights.