Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Window rattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mine too

My 05 xB has rattling windows all 4 when part way open.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:58 PM

Default TC driver window driving me nuts!

Hey guys!

​​​​​​New here, I've read lots of y'all's post on many different things which all happen to be very interesting. Therefore, I'm hoping someone here has experienced my issue and can help.

I have an 2005 Scion TC. Which I love might I add. However, the driver window is giving me nuts and I can't take it any longer. When the window is rolled down whether it's a little or half way out rattles. It's as if the window is going to fall off track so it makes me nerves. Now of course when it's rolled half way down its much louder than say if I just rolled it down a few inches. This also ONLY happens when I shut the door so again, it's make me nervous at times. The last thing I want is for the window to fall down in the door and possibly shatter. As they say "Ain't nobody got time for that"!

Anyone else experience this and if so what is and what's the fix? Please do not tell me, "if the window is rolled up its got support, when the window is rolled down it doesn't have as much support" or "is a window and it happens, it's the nature of glass". My passenger window doesn't do it and the driver window just started.

Thanks in advance!
Christy
Old 01-17-2017, 08:25 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by ChristysTC
Hey guys! ​​​​​​New here, I've read lots of y'all's post on many different things which all happen to be very interesting. Therefore, I'm hoping someone here has experienced my issue and can help. I have an 2005 Scion TC. Which I love might I add. However, the driver window is giving me nuts and I can't take it any longer. When the window is rolled down whether it's a little or half way out rattles. It's as if the window is going to fall off track so it makes me nerves. Now of course when it's rolled half way down its much louder than say if I just rolled it down a few inches. This also ONLY happens when I shut the door so again, it's make me nervous at times. The last thing I want is for the window to fall down in the door and possibly shatter. As they say "Ain't nobody got time for that"! Anyone else experience this and if so what is and what's the fix? Please do not tell me, "if the window is rolled up its got support, when the window is rolled down it doesn't have as much support" or "is a window and it happens, it's the nature of glass". My passenger window doesn't do it and the driver window just started. Thanks in advance! Christy
FYI, You are in the Wrong Forum (Section)

This Forum is for
Scion xB 1st-Gen (2004-2006)

For your Problems, you should be Posting Here:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...interior-1647/

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-17-2017 at 08:35 AM.