First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Battery - Mainenance Free?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

good info i will have to go check mine out.I have the oem battery from sept of 04 and it seems like its going out but could be due to the stereo.Should i still pop it open and check the water level if it says its good?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VIP_CAMO
good info i will have to go check mine out.I have the oem battery from sept of 04 and it seems like its going out but could be due to the stereo.Should i still pop it open and check the water level if it says its good?
Yes. Use distilled water.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:44 AM

Hi guys. Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But my battery crapped out on me today. 2 days ago though, I accidentally left my headlight on while I slept in my car. I had a jump start done and it started, drove it for 30 minutes. The day after the battery had a hard time starting. Today it wouldn't start, had 2 jump starts done. And it wouldn't charge even after driving for 20 minutes. As soon as I turn off my engine it wouldn't start anymore.

Checked the battery and its still the oem one. However there's no indications that shows up. No blue dot, red circle etc etc. Can this battery still be ressurected?

Thank you!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by sixt33n
Hi guys. Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But my battery crapped out on me today. 2 days ago though, I accidentally left my headlight on while I slept in my car. I had a jump start done and it started, drove it for 30 minutes. The day after the battery had a hard time starting. Today it wouldn't start, had 2 jump starts done. And it wouldn't charge even after driving for 20 minutes. As soon as I turn off my engine it wouldn't start anymore.

Checked the battery and its still the oem one. However there's no indications that shows up. No blue dot, red circle etc etc. Can this battery still be ressurected?

Thank you!
First mistake was trying to use the bike to charge a dead battery.
Give it a proper slow charging at 1 amp, then see how long it lasts.
How old is the batt.? If more than 5 I'd just replace and be done with it. Remember to fully charge the new battery s l o w l y at 1 amp.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by bB2NER
First mistake was trying to use the bike to charge a dead battery.
Give it a proper slow charging at 1 amp, then see how long it lasts.
How old is the batt.? If more than 5 I'd just replace and be done with it. Remember to fully charge the new battery s l o w l y at 1 amp.
Thanks for your help! Yeah I just went ahead and bought a new battery. i got an 05 and it looks like it was still the original battery. I just liked that the battery had indicator. First time I've seen it on any car battery.