have anyone tried HKS SMF airfilter? - Scionlife.com

Go Back   Scionlife.com > Scion xB 2nd Gen > Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge > Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power

Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Old 05-17-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
SL Member
Default have anyone tried HKS SMF airfilter?

well i have an injen cai and i feel the air filter is somewhat restricted. what i mean is it just grabbing air from the sides so i was looking for some air filter replacements and i've found the hks smf " super mega flow " air filter. i like the idea how your intake is grabbing air from all angles but when i look at the price it's quite $$$ so i'm having 2nd thoughts. any comments?
DAILYXB-TYPE-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
SL Member
Send a message via MSN to miketf1

uh to be honest how can your feel your intake filter is restrictive...

according to AEM they make the highest flow filter but i hear that the HKS is good too. the problem with the HKS that its a purely foam filter and it may not filter particles as well as a proper filter.
i say drop some money for the AEM instead. the HKS is way too expensive and its not worth it unless you have a turbo and it requires massive airflow
miketf1 is offline   Reply With Quote