Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

" help needed "to decide which intake to get

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DAILYXB-TYPE-R
lvbitwiz, do you mean that it touches the - terminal or does it sit on top of it?
none of them touch the battery. just that they are in the general area over the battery. i just think that its a bad design to have it cross over the top of the battery. this blocks access to it if i need to remove it and it poses a clearance problem if i decide to go for a different battery.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by miketf1
Originally Posted by DAILYXB-TYPE-R
lvbitwiz, do you mean that it touches the - terminal or does it sit on top of it?
none of them touch the battery. just that they are in the general area over the battery. i just think that its a bad design to have it cross over the top of the battery. this blocks access to it if i need to remove it and it poses a clearance problem if i decide to go for a different battery.
There's more room there than you think with the TRD, the battery comes out quite easily without having to move the intake
Old 04-22-2008, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've seen the dyno for the injen cai but not sure is it real. does anyone have one installed then got a dyno on it?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

see if you can get the previous issue of siphon. they did a how to on installing the AEM intake and did a dyno. i just glanced at those pages while at the muffler shop so i dont have any exact numbers.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

after i got my RS5.0 last friday i've been running hard ever since and on top of that i placed an order from pttuning for the injen cai blk until i got a call from pttuning yesterday told me the cai is on back order so i'm willing to wait 2wks for it. then out of nowhere i got an email from pttuning that the item have been ship today. so i was wondering whats going on here thinking is it some kind of error, btw i checked my email around 11:30am. then here is the big surprise, i saw a fedex truck outside my door 11:40am and when the driver carry that big red injen box coming to me it felt like an early x-mas for me coz i was expecting it to be ship 2wks later. i quickly unopen the box and install it into my baby, it toke roughly 30min and i was so surprise how easy to install it WOW. right after i'm done took it out and do a few quick runs around my block and i am so amaze how much the car pull at full throttle now and it was LOUD but i love it.very loud during full throttle and quite during casual driving so i am very very satisfied w injen cai. sorry for making this sooo long but i thought this is a good story to tell. btw THANX to all who help supply these great info in order for me to make a good decision that i'll be happy with for all the years to come, THANX again i really appreciate all your help. I'll post some pixs once my battery finish charging for my camera.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:29 PM
SL Member

I was on TRD Sparks and noticed they have an Injen intake that they say has a pre-turned maf sensor and a dyno graph showing a supposed increase of 9hp. Is this one different than the one Injen has had out all along or has it just always been like that? I was just curious if this one is worth purchasing.

Here's the link...
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2026