Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon-R 2008 Xb 4-2-1 Header and S pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by GOZ01
Hey guys what's a CEL Eliminator ? im not to familar with this

CEL ELiminator does not allow the Check Engine Light to go on and wont let your car go into Limp Mode. Once you remove the Header and main Cat you attach the
CEL ELiminator to the S-pipe and take the sensor and plug it to the other side of the Eliminator and Gives the ECU a Correct Air Fuel Ratio Readings.

http://www.nolimitzind.com/cel.html
Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hey guys i have the header and s-pipe but im having an issue with some rattle .....i installed the ebay scuba tank delete and the mid pipe and kept my factory trd exhaust ...anybody else getting a rattle coming from the front?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by marcemarcxB08
hey guys i have the header and s-pipe but im having an issue with some rattle .....i installed the ebay scuba tank delete and the mid pipe and kept my factory trd exhaust ...anybody else getting a rattle coming from the front?

Hmm im gonna ask one of the members of my the car club, i beleave he had the same problem. Def will ask and get back to you on that. Also im gonna be at the scion exposed in sarasota florida i know some guys there who have the same if not close set up.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ok so i fixed this issue by heating the s-pipe up with a torch and bent the pipe more so it doesnt ratte ...thanks for the concern and help
Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

what was it rattling agaisnt.?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:55 AM

Default cel eleminator

hey i just purchased the wr header and s pipe, coming in the mail pretty soon. I was wondering do any of your check lights come on after installing it? or did you have to install a cel eliminator?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: cel eleminator

Originally Posted by tatwongkungfu
hey i just purchased the wr header and s pipe, coming in the mail pretty soon. I was wondering do any of your check lights come on after installing it? or did you have to install a cel eliminator?
I don't have the WR header but you will need to install the CEL eliminator into the s-pipe to avoid a CEL. AFAIK it's included with the header.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:30 AM
SL Member

It depends on where you buy it from if the CEL eliminator is included or not. Most of the time it is not included, but could be purchased with it.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:06 AM

Default I installed weapon r header and 2.5 s pipe

hey guys recenlty i installed the weapon r header and s pipe with a trd exhaust axle back. when i turned on the engine and i rev it, it sounds like a weed wacker. But i coulnt put back on the o2 sensor on the very back of the s pipe could this be the reason why? im leaking out gas out of my muffler? can u guys show me pictures on how you installed the o2 sensor on the s pipe? mine wont fit.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I installed weapon r header and 2.5 s pipe

hey guys recenlty i installed the weapon r header and s pipe with a trd exhaust axle back. when i turned on the engine and i rev it, it sounds like a weed wacker. But i coulnt put back on the o2 sensor on the very back of the s pipe could this be the reason why? im leaking out gas out of my muffler? can u guys show me pictures on how you installed the o2 sensor on the s pipe? mine wont fit.
AFAIK without the O2 sensor the ECU will default to a rich "safe" mode. You really need to install the O2 sensor. The ECU relies on it to determine the correct air/fuel ratio. Running without it can ruin your catalytic convertor, foul your plugs and worse.

Why won't the O2 sensor fit? Are the threads messed up? If so, chase them with the correct size tap/die or go to a shop and have them do it for you. You should have a angled CEL eliminator pipe that installs into the O2 bung on the s-pipe and the O2 sensor goes into that. Sorry, no pics.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:20 AM

The I couldn't get the o2 sensor screwed on because it wouldn't fit I need the elbow cel eliminator. After. I put the c eliminator will the raspy sound go away and have a nice high throat sound? Does anyome have a sound clip with there weapon r and s pipe?
Old 05-17-2009, 08:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The I couldn't get the o2 sensor screwed on because it wouldn't fit I need the elbow cel eliminator. After. I put the c eliminator will the raspy sound go away and have a nice high throat sound? Does anyome have a sound clip with there weapon r and s pipe?
I imagine it should sound better (and run a lot better too) with the O2 sensor installed. I don't have the W-R header or a sound clip but adding a header does change the sound and add some rasp.