Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon-R intake

Old 01-16-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Weapon-R intake

I'm so miffed! My Weapon-R intake came in the mail yesterday. I just got my car back from getting the front bumper flat blacked, so I figured I'd install my intake since it was a balmy 40 degrees out today This is not the first intake I've install, they are pretty straight forward. Instructions say to install the 2.5-3 coupler on the throttle body. I did that, then went to install the pipe into the coupler. it was so loose I could almost fit a finger between the pipe and the coupler. So I measured the coupler. 2.5-3.5. F'ing ebay sellers. Everything else is fine. I emailed the seller and insisted that he overnight me a correct fitting coupler. We'll see....

Another question for you other Weapon-R intake guys out there... the intake came with a flexible black tube and a black adapter that looks like it fits onto the open end of the filter. Is this to make a "cold air intake" by running the black flex tube into the bumper? Thanks everyone.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Here is how we did the install of the Ram air kit. The scoop just went by the opening on our ED kit.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cee_dub2003,

Thank you for your reply. I got an email back from the ebay seller. He informed me that the intake was dropped shipped from Weapon-R, and I have to contact them. I just sent them off an email. I hope that they will agree to ship me the coupler I need. Did your throttle body coupler fit snug on the intake pipe? I've tried many times, but I just don't see how it is the right coupler.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I messed with mine for a little bit and got mine to work. It took alittle messing around and mine is tight as hell now. Looks like I need to turn mine alittle though. Mine didnt come with the ram kit though. Might have to get that and try it.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:16 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

How much did you pay? Looks ok but I don't see how this will benefit other than making noise. That thing is going to heatsoak especially once it gets warmer.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
I messed with mine for a little bit and got mine to work. It took alittle messing around and mine is tight as hell now. Looks like I need to turn mine alittle though. Mine didnt come with the ram kit though. Might have to get that and try it.
Was your throttle body coupler WAY to big for the intake pipe like mine? If so, what did you do to fix it?
Old 01-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I used a different coupler they sent. Here is some pics of mine.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
I used a different coupler they sent. Here is some pics of mine.
Yeah, I looked at that thread when I was installing mine for hlep, but couldn't see the coupler well enough. they only sent me two couplers. one for the throttle body and one for the intake. I was thinking of going to a local auto parts store to see if they sold them. I just don't like the fact that the colors wouldn't match.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I am using the couplers they sent. I used the one that has the same size on both sides for the one that goes from the TB to the intake. The used the one that is flarred at one end to go to the filter. If you look both mine are the grey colors that Weapon R sends with it.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, I think I have it. The pipe is still a little to small for the coupler, but it seems to tighten down enough to prevent any directly into the throttle body. One last question, I can't seem to figure out what the long brace/rubber mounting gromet is for.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

It goes down to the bolt under the intake. If you look at my first picture you can kinda see it. You slide the U shape peice under the clamp and leave it alittle loose. The I went down to where you put the rubber bolt in. Then I figured out how high I wanted the intake to stand and bent the peice like a L. Then cut the extra out and was done. What it does is brace the intake at the end. You can kinda see it in this pic also.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gotcha! Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm shocked to say that least. I just got an email from Weapon-R. They have already shipped out a package to me (I can only assume a new coupler). I have not received any other communication from them. I guess they aren't happy, but they are fixing the problem. I have to give them props for that.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Yeah they are great people. That is why I stick with them and sell there products.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

anybody have a link and current price? Looks good!!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:40 PM

http://www.erzperformance.com/Default.asp

I ordered from here and am waiting for delivery.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

miffed isn't the word. got mine yesterday with the same coupler problems. fits throttle body fine way to big for intake tube. local aouto parts dealer saved the day. no rubber grommet in the mounting kit either.
How did every one mount the small vacumn valve that is conected to the MAF? Stock location was a rubber slot in the intake tube. No provisions or instructions provided by weapon.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by srb219
miffed isn't the word. got mine yesterday with the same coupler problems. fits throttle body fine way to big for intake tube. local aouto parts dealer saved the day. no rubber grommet in the mounting kit either.
How did every one mount the small vacumn valve that is conected to the MAF? Stock location was a rubber slot in the intake tube. No provisions or instructions provided by weapon.
We just did a dyno with our Cold Air extension. It is basically just a extension of the short ram intake. While installing the short ram the coupler on the throttle body is larger than the throttle body. YOU HAVE TO CLAMP IT DOWN! We just dont have the exact size coupler for the throttle body. It will clamp down. Once again it will clamp down!!

Also the EVAP valve can just sit there. We make no provision at this time for the valve.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cee,
thanks for the info. Just not the way my shop does business. Yes, coupler will clamp down, i tried that first. didn't like what i saw. going to fabricate a small braket for the vacumn valve. don't like it hanging from the hoses.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by srb219
cee,
thanks for the info. Just not the way my shop does business. Yes, coupler will clamp down, i tried that first. didn't like what i saw. going to fabricate a small braket for the vacumn valve. don't like it hanging from the hoses.
I see nothing wrong with clamping down the coupler. Also nothing wrong with the EVAP valve just sitting where it is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weapon-R intake