Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon-R intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

We just did a dyno with our Cold Air extension. It is basically just a extension of the short ram intake. While installing the short ram the coupler on the throttle body is larger than the throttle body. YOU HAVE TO CLAMP IT DOWN! We just dont have the exact size coupler for the throttle body. It will clamp down. Once again it will clamp down!!

Also the EVAP valve can just sit there. We make no provision at this time for the valve.[/quote]

What were some of the gains you found with the Weapon R intake 1) the difference btwn Stock and the Weapon and 2) with the addition cold air intake extension. I am researching a Short Ram and I am highly interested in this model. Please advise of your findings.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I could start over would buy the AFE CAI. Boxed to keep hot air penetration to a minimum. The weapon looks neet on the web site but just did not impress me. Especially with the installation problems. To clarify for everyone, the supplied coupler fits fine on the trottle body, sloppy on the new intake tube. I have e-mailed weapon several times with my installation findings. No response!!