Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Grindage...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Grindage...

Should my 5th gear grind everytime I shift from a redline to 4th? It does it everytime past 4500 rpms not just at redline... How hard it grinds depends on how much higher the rpms are. I dont think taking it to the dealership would help as the speeds required to demonstrate that arent exactly normal but I dont feel as though its really abuse. Some situations nowadays call for that sort of behavior lmao! Anyways Im wondering if I can solve this on my own. Id love to turbo the box but if Im not going to be able to go into fifth quickly after a quick boost run then I dont want to do it. BTW the clutch is completely in when I shift to 5th so its not that my timing is off at all. It just isnt happy when I move the **** in that direction...
Old 06-24-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

It still should be under warrnety take it back to dealer and see what they say that is wired. But if you are trying to go from a redline 5th to a 4th gear it is going to grind or over rev like crazy and blow up lol.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol no I would never do that. I'll consider the warranty thing but I want to hear more thoughts on this. Ive been wanting to switch to a synthetic gear oil so I may try that first in the near future.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Thats kool hell when i had a problem i called the dealer and asked them a question and they answered my question and i took it to them after and they fixed it for free and then tried to get me to do some other kind of service that was not warrantied and i said i am good thats why they are kinda a stealership lol.