Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

08 xB front headrest adjustments

Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 PM
mab

Default 08 xB front headrest adjustments

Can the 08 xB front headrests (especially passenger side) be adjusted either heightwise or front-back? My mom finds it uncomfortable to have her head pushed forwards by the headrest.

If the stock headrests are not adjustable, are there adjustable after-market replacements available?

Thanks...
Old 07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
SL Member

I know they're adjustable height wise as I've nudged them a few times with the back of my head and they moved just fine, don't think they move front back ways though.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agreed. Up/down yes, forward/back no. Maybe she can tilt the seat back a little? If it's really that bad, I guess you could turn them around. Keep in mind that they won't lock at a particular height though, and I'm not sure how effective they would be in an accident.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 PM
mab

Originally Posted by Liquid-R1
Agreed. Up/down yes, forward/back no. Maybe she can tilt the seat back a little? If it's really that bad, I guess you could turn them around. Keep in mind that they won't lock at a particular height though, and I'm not sure how effective they would be in an accident.
Right, good ideas to try. I think she's short enough that the lowest height would work, so not locking when turned around shouldn't be a problem. Have to check out the padding on the back vs front as well. Are they easy to remove for turning around?

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

BTW I'm about ready to order this xB, just want to be sure it will be comfortable for long trips. Hope to take a 2-3 hour road test this weekend.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 PM
SL Member

The day after I bought mine the fiancé and I road tripped to her family's place in Toronto, about 7 hours away. The car was super comfortable the entire time for both of us. I was surprised I wasn't aching or ready to take it back to the dealer after the trip, but it exceeded my expectations and was absolutely great.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

great hwy cruise machine
3000 mile round trip made to HIN Dallas, not a problem at all

next up-
1700 mile round trip to Nightshift NY
leave thursday
Old 07-17-2007, 11:38 PM
mab

Great to hear re your long-term comfort. My current ride is a 92 F150 that's very roomy and very comfortable, but also very thirsty and getting a bit long in the tooth. I'm thinking to keep it for the occasional heavy hauling chores until it needs a major repair that's not worth doing, and at that point get a trailer hitch and light utility trailer for the xB. With any luck, that will be after the xB warranty expires so I won't need to be concerned about the trailer voiding the warranty.

First time I drove the xB I also drove an Element. I expected going in to like the Element better, but found the xB much nicer. xB is significantly cheaper, gets better gas mileage, has roomier front seating, is much easier for my aging folks (both pushing 80) to get in and out of, back seats are much easier to get in/out of as well, and I didn't get a backache from driving the xB. Alas, I'd really also like to have the foldaway back seats, huge back end maw to shove cargo into, and cargo area cleanability of the Element, but that won't be such an issue while I still keep the F150.

Aside from the headrest issue, the other comfort issue is leg space. Anything will seem rather small after 15 years in the big F150, but hopefully it won't be too small.

Later...