Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2012 Standard Pioneer HU

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 02:25 AM

Default 2012 Standard Pioneer HU

I have been working on stereo on my '12 XB. First thing I did was change out speakers, got Alpine SPS-610 for back and 610C for front. So far so good, big improvement.

Next, I decided to add a sub. Got a deal on Ebay for one of these Blaupunkt under seat units used ...

Amazon.com : Blaupunkt Blue Magic XLf 200 A 300-Watt 8-Inch Low Profile Active Subwoofer System : Vehicle Subwoofer Systems : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Blaupunkt Blue Magic XLf 200 A 300-Watt 8-Inch Low Profile Active Subwoofer System : Vehicle Subwoofer Systems : Car Electronics

I am very pleased with it so far.

My current frustration though is with the head unit. I was reasonably pleased with the output level before adding the sub. I figured with the sub, it would only get better. But with the sub enabled in the HU, the output is much lower. Like 10-15 clicks lower. Why would they do that??

I guess the next step is just to get an amp, but has anyone found any other solutions for this they like better? I really want to keep the HU to keep bluetooth, wheel controls, etc. And the sub controls are nice since the Blau under the seat doesn't have a remote.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
BIJ
Old 07-25-2014, 10:10 PM

Another thing I have been pondering is what the crossover frequency is for the Pioneer sub out RCAs. Anyone ever seen that anyplace?

I am wondering if this might be part of the equation -- reading up on the TC which used the same but came with an extra pair of woofers and an amp. If this set up was not a true sub, this would explain where the power is getting lost. ???