Go Back   Scionlife.com » Scion xB 2nd Gen » Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge » Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Old 05-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
ASHEPICKLE 40/M

Send a message via AIM to ASHEPICKLE
Default Base Radio with Sat Question

Ok My XB2 will be at the dealer in a few weeks and of course I'm starting to shop for goodies. Since I'm a old fart and a loud stereo was not important I ordered the base radio. I currently have Sirius and love it so I figured I would get the dealer to install the module. But I got a price for $300 plus...... now I contacted Sirius who claims I can buy a Pioneer Sat Module and it will work will my Stock head unit. Do you think it's true? and for only $99???
ASHEPICKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
jpoliseno 42/M

Send a message via AIM to jpoliseno

I just went to Circuit City and they installed mine with a remote control for 140.00 I went with the XM Radio
jpoliseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution
equinox2355 30/M

Default Re: Base Radio with Sat Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHEPICKLE
Ok My XB2 will be at the dealer in a few weeks and of course I'm starting to shop for goodies. Since I'm a old fart and a loud stereo was not important I ordered the base radio. I currently have Sirius and love it so I figured I would get the dealer to install the module. But I got a price for $300 plus...... now I contacted Sirius who claims I can buy a Pioneer Sat Module and it will work will my Stock head unit. Do you think it's true? and for only $99???
its a pioneer radio, but the one they are talking about is made for aftermarket radios and the factory radio does not have the connections for that (If I Recall Correctly, the pioneers in the store use the IP Bus connection, and the factory head unit does not)
equinox2355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
SL Member
FlyinLow 40/M

I will second that. I bought the kit from Sirius and now I have to return it. Equinox2355 was right.
I just went down and bought the parts from my local Scion dealer... I feel like I've been violated... $94 for the fit kit and $184 for the tuner module. (That was even the discounted price!). If you don't have your heart set on it being integrated into the stock head unit, then I would go get an aftermarket kit. It is much cheaper.

cc

The guys helping me get it all done...
www.mobileHID.com
www.LEDmod.com
www.Patterntek.com

The orange is gone at last!
FlyinLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Scionlife.com
Scion TC

Paid Advertisement

Tags