Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Bluetooth

Old 07-02-2007, 11:23 PM
SL Member

Default Bluetooth

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good in car bluetooth system? In my last car I had the Parrot ck3100 which I kept. It was pretty good but had it's flaws. I'm trying not to hard wire anything as I don't want to cut into this car's wires. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't really looked into it too much, but, there are a lot out there. I'm sure some of them would interface through the AUX jack.

I am going to look into this soon as I love the look of the stock premium HU.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by techgeekwill
some of them would interface through the AUX jack.
I'm not sure if outputting the phone audio to the AUX input of a head unit would be completely helpful, since this would require switching to AUX everytime a phone call comes in, unless it's able to automatically switch over. I'm not aware of any that do, but I'm not an installer or keep up with the industry, by any means. This would be the best way in terms of audio quality, though.

Some kits output audio either by interrupting the head unit's speaker outputs while others use a seperate mini speaker that come with the kit. Mute may be handled by either triggering a mute lead on the head unit if one exists or, again, by interrupting the speaker outputs.

I have the CK3100 in my S40, and had to purchase another mute harness that was only sold in UK, that was an additional $100. It's ok, but I'm not satisfied with the microphone's sound quality. I'm always looking for a kit that has a good noise cancellation ability. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.

In my xB, I use the Z2's bluetooth module. It seems ok so far, but I haven't really tested it much, yet.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:50 AM
SL Member

Bigbhaller, what did you say you use in your XB? A Z2? What is that?
Old 07-07-2007, 07:55 AM
SL Member

I know that certain navigation systems have bluetooth now. I researched some of them and between the ones I checked out, it seems the Tom Tom 910 has the more accurate gps and a good bluetooth system. The cool thing is that it doesn't have to be hardwired into the car. But you have to watch out with some of the navi systems cuz they say they have bluetooth but it's only for collecting local info and not for a phone
Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Linx
Bigbhaller, what did you say you use in your XB? A Z2? What is that?
Pioneer Avic Z2