Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Have a small problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Have a small problem...

I printed off the page from this forum that someone posted what wire colors are what in terms of the radio and the iginition etc etc... It was a great help - thank you.

Here is what I have in the car

3Sixty.2
P400-2
P500-2
P2L-212
stock deck

Buddy of mine pretty much did the whole install and he is trained with installing systems (as we work for RF)... Anyway, the problem lies when I turn off the car and pull the key out the stereo still stays on... I can open the door - shut the door and it still stays on.

Here comes the weird part- I can't lock or unlock the doors with the remote when the stereo is on in the car and in order to turn the stereo off I have to push my shifter (it's an automatic) to the right like I'm shifting into reverse and it turns off...

Now he tapped into the same wire that was in the help thread on this forum and I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem...

Any insight?

I'll post pics later on tonight for all to see. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he must have crossed a wire and or got the 12v ignition wire wrong. the stereo should get 12v+ only when the key is turned on. i say check all power wires with a multimeter, you'll find the problem shortly. sounds to me that the 12vignition is hooked to the 12v+ constant and the grounds may also be hooked into the ground for the door locks? dunno why that would be, but after a while, all the wires start looking the same!
review all connections, and check the power and ground wires with a multimeter. something is crossed..
Old 10-30-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one wire might me loose from the wiring harness. i had that problem before and i pulled the radio out and found one wire (purple i think) wasnt connected well. i resecured it and it worked.
funny thing is I have the same problem again but havent taken a look at the wires yet. when i connected the wires i just wrapped them then secured them with elec. tape. i should've used butt-connectors
Old 10-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Thanks for the help guys! I have taken my car over to our training department and he thinks it might be the 3Sixty unit sending voltage back to the radio to keep it on - until something grounds it to make it stop - or something like that (I'm not very technical!)

From what I can tell you - the wiring behind the radio is awesome, everything is soldiered then taped and then shrink wrapped. I'll keep you all posted- thanks!