Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Help with remote wire for amp

Old 08-04-2007, 02:54 AM
SL Member

Default Help with remote wire for amp

I know it's been asked. Which wire is the remote wire for the amp? I've got the premium h/u. I found this thread: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ht=remote+wire , but there's conflicting info. It's either gray, or a blue stripe. I don't really have a blue stripe. I have a normal blue. And then I have a blue that has an occassional slash, but it's what I'm used to for a striped wire. One is a thicker gauge than the other.

Then there's this thread: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ht=remote+wire, that doesn't specify a color, and I can't find anything that's just hanging and not attached.

And then of course there's the sticky: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=180214 , but none say which is the remote wire, unless there's just a different term for it.

And on a side note, I assume I'll use the RCA outputs labeled: W, as opposed to R or F, as I suppose it's Front, Rear, and Woofer.

Any thoughts? I have my deck just sitting there, everything else is wired and ready to roll.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:28 AM
SL Member

10 views and no one? Can anyone help?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:35 AM
SL Member

Bump. Anyone?
Old 08-05-2007, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i need the same info
BUMPPPP!!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:59 PM
SL Member

ok i had the same problem with this.
If you pull the h/u out and look down from above it i think it is the blue wire farthest to the right. I know that it is definatly one of the blue wires though. but all you need is one of those wire taps and tap into the wire. If your amp doesnt turn on then you know its the other one.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:13 PM
SL Member

I couldn't get it to work with either blue wire. burnin had an issue with the W jacks, so I'm wondering if I just ran into the same problem. I'll try that blue wire again with either the F or R jacks.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member

pink wire in the harness closest to the driver side. At least that is the power antenna output. The base stereo only triggers that when the tuner is selected, but the premium may be different. Try that pink wire out.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:46 AM
SL Member

OK, I tried the blue wire (the other one is for the left front speaker). Nothing. I did the menu option like suggested, turned it all the way up. Nothing. I tried it with the F and R jacks. Nothing.

Only thing I can think of is that my amp is fried. It worked ago when I pulled it out of my truck, both fuses are completely whole with no problems.

This is just really frustrating. Any ideas?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol

sorry your having so much trouble. just go aftermarket... much easier
Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM
SL Member

yeah try a different amp. I thought my amp worked because i just took it out of my truck and it just sat in my garage for 6 months. but i couldnt get it to turn on. So i tried another amp and that one turned on.
They say that the plus for getting the premium h/u is that you can attach multiple amps to it.
But they dont have a set remote wire for it!!!! this is aggrivating. Oh yeah i forgot that i got mine working lol...
if you still cant figure out which wire to use try callin the dealership and talk to one of the techs there
Old 08-14-2007, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default hmm

I dont know much about the wiring in an 08 xb, but if its using a toyota harness like i think it is, it's probably a gray wire in the radio harness.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its the gray wire... I just installed my amp today and its the gray one. The thing is there is two gray ones in there on two different plugs. Its the gray wire in the bottom plug not the top one. If you cant find it I will take my radio out and take a picture for you let me know!

Hope this helps!
Old 08-14-2007, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

finally!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:01 PM
SL Member

thank you!!!! Just wish scion thought about this so it wouldnt have to be so difficult!!
But thank you for clearing that up none the less
Glad we can get our ?'s answered here
Old 08-14-2007, 06:57 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by conoven
Its the gray wire... I just installed my amp today and its the gray one. The thing is there is two gray ones in there on two different plugs. Its the gray wire in the bottom plug not the top one. If you cant find it I will take my radio out and take a picture for you let me know!
Awesome. I just want to clarify, we are talking about the Premium head unit, right?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
SL Member

yes sir!! from what i heard the stock h/u doesnt have any pre outs for the RCA cables for the amps. So has to be premium. or nav
Old 08-14-2007, 07:23 PM
SL Member

Just making sure. I think the stock has preamp outputs (correct me if I'm wrong), but I know the nav does not.

Anyway, awesome! Thanks for the help!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:16 PM
SL Member

OK, I pulled mine out, but didn't see a "top" and "bottom" gray wires. When pulling the radio out, having it facing you, and looking down from the back, I see one gray wire to the left (or right if you're looking at it from the back), which I presume is the ignition wire. Then there's one to the right (or left, if looking at it from the back). I'm assuming it's this wire. Correct?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Govt_Man
Just making sure. I think the stock has preamp outputs (correct me if I'm wrong), but I know the nav does not.

Anyway, awesome! Thanks for the help!
Stock HU does NOT have preamp outputs, that's why the Premium HU is attractive to some (like me).
Old 08-18-2007, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

guys, sorry for this... but after reading what i wrote i realized its the top right plug for the acc. wire. Sorry for screwing any of yall up if i did. Look below i have a picture of the right wire circled..... Once again very very sorry for this!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with remote wire for amp