Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Help with USB and pioneer pt546-00140

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 04:25 PM

Default Help with USB and pioneer pt546-00140

Hello... Just bought a '14 xB... question concerning usb stick with MP3s on it at the root level of the drive... The HU only displays filename, ROOT, and Artist Name. Like to see 'Song Title', ROOT, Artist. The music plays fine... random works great as well.

I have tried using ID3 v2.4, v2.3, and v1.1 -- no luck.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue.

Thx in advance
MarshallinPA
Old 03-31-2015, 07:42 PM

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question but if your HU is displaying the file name shouldn't that work? I would assume the file name of the MP3 would be the title of whatever song it is.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:56 PM

Thx for the response.... So, while yer kinda correct... Perhaps an example with help:

filename: The Clash - London Calling.mp3

What is show on HU:

The Clash - London Cal
ROOT
The Clash

I organize my mp3's by artist - song title... this example illustrates the issue since the HU only displays the first 16 or so chars (not sure of exact length)... for an mp3 file like: 'Creedence Clearwater Revival - I heard it thru the grapevine.mp3', I'll only see:
Creedence Clearwater Re
ROOT
Creedence Clearwater Re

I COULD reorder my mp3's to be Song Title - Artist... but rather have the HU read the MP3 ID3 tag correctly.

Hope this helps explain the issue.

Thx for help
marshall
Old 03-31-2015, 09:20 PM

Okay I got you now that makes sense. I looked through the manual for your stereo as I am sure you did as well but I agree it doesn't seem there is any way to toggle and have it show you the actual title track from the tag instead of the file name. I have a 2012 XB so I don't have a screen like yours but I could of sworn on mine I am able to press the "Text" button and have it toggle between title track and file name. I will test on mine and let you know what I find but from looking at the manual for yours it doesn't look like there is a way to toggle between what tag setting it looks...That's kinda unfortunate and would be a pain for you to have to rename all the files. Good luck to you though hopefully there is a way to do it.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:05 PM

Update... so, looks like the HU is able to read ID3 tags.... pressing the 'Audio' button on the HU brings up several small squares that seem to represent the audio choices (CD, FM, USB, etc)... In the square that represents the USB, it lists Song Title and Artist, both of which come from ID3 tag! Problem is the font is so big i only see about 10 chars for each.

So - pioneer decided that on main USB screen to show filename, not ID3 tag of Artist - ARGGG!

Anyone know of any hidden menu options that might be able to change this or the font size?

Thx for any help
marshall