Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Mounting an iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Mounting an iPhone

So my ipod was stolen. I had it tucked in the center console.

Then I bought an iPhone. I will NEVER leave it in the car. I'm an ___ for doing it with the ipod in the first place.

However, I never really had a good setup with the iPod anyway. I didn't use the headunit to control is because the factory HU has no provisions for podcasts (thought one can make an on-the-go playlist of the podcasts you want and select that playlist from the HU).

My questions is this: has anyone mounted an iPhone (or iPod) cradle anywhere? I'm thinking that I might mount the iPod cradle up on the flat part behind the steering wheel. That way it'll catch my eye when the screen goes from black to lit up when a call comes in (if I'm listening to the radio).

The bastards stole me iPod cable too so I have to get another one, but I'm thinking the port that's in the center console, where the scion/ipod cables plugs in, can probably be re-run under the dash to wherever I need it.

Any thoughts on mounting an iPod?

Old 08-03-2007, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check out http://www.ram-mount.com/ . these guys have tons of mounts and im sure they have something for the iphone.

you're welcome,
- sh00k