Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Which Reverse Camera Harness To Get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Which Reverse Camera Harness To Get?

I will be installing a reverse camera into a 2014 Scion XB with the factory Pioneer head unit. I would like to know which plug and play reverse camera harness to get. Im deciding between the following:

PAC CAM-TY11 - Their website only goes up to 2013, not sure if it will work on a 2014.

Camera Source CS-TDA132

Beat Sonic BCUS3

Anyone have any feed back on either of the kits. Please keep in mind I want this to be a simple plug and play operation. I don not want to tap into any reverse trigger wires.
I posted this on other XB forums to try to get the best answer possible. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:35 AM

Ive used the pac one on that exact vehicle and radio combo and it worked perfect. I hope that helps you a bit
Old 02-16-2015, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ravendarat
Ive used the pac one on that exact vehicle and radio combo and it worked perfect. I hope that helps you a bit

Can you give me some directions on how you installed it? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:43 PM

Well the install its self of the harness is incredibly easy, you literally just pull the deck out and the plug goes straight into the back of the deck. It then lets you use any backup camera that has a composite plug on it. All the only "hard" part is that you have to run the cable from the hatch to the front which really isn't difficult either. Have you chosen a camera yet? If its a 5 volt camera you can use the yellow wire coming off the plug to power it, if its a 12 volt, which most are then you can try the yellow wire but your better off just to tap the 12 volt turn on wire thats going to the factory deck.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Ravendarat,

I just want to clarify that I have the 2014 base model Pioneer head unit model number pt546-00140. It is not the ugraded Be Spoke. I was told by the tech guy from PAC CAM that the. CAM-TY11 will not work. Did you do the install on the base Pioneer or the Bespoke?

Im deployed right now so I have not yet stared to install anything. Im just doing my research to do the install when I return home. I have not yet picked out a camera yet, which one did you use?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by XB06
Ravendarat,

I just want to clarify that I have the 2014 base model Pioneer head unit model number pt546-00140. It is not the ugraded Be Spoke. I was told by the tech guy from PAC CAM that the. CAM-TY11 will not work. Did you do the install on the base Pioneer or the Bespoke?

Im deployed right now so I have not yet stared to install anything. Im just doing my research to do the install when I return home. I have not yet picked out a camera yet, which one did you use?

Thanks again for your help.
To be quite honest I dont remember if it was or not. My customer used a kenwood back up camera that I made a mount for and stuck in the stock location. I do know that on my OWN 14 Scion Xb I bought I had the base Pioneer screen deck in it and I had a factory back up camera on it using the same style plug so I can't see how it wouldn't be possible on a stock system, certainly would seem odd to me.