Go Back   Scionlife.com » Scion xB 2nd Gen » Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge » Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
5 Year Member
SL Member

Malibu_Rapper 114/M

Default Scion Security & Remote start questions

Can a dealer or someone who knows shed some light on these options?

I'd like to know first if the security system utilizes the same remote that comes with the car? If it does, does it work in conjunction with the remote start module?

I was going to install an aftermarket alarm to do all of this but I really like the remotes that came with the car. The option prices are somewhat high, nearly $1,000 for both. If purchased uninstalled, what is the pricing?

Remote Start $529
Quote:
Scion owners can now get remote engine start, so when it's really cold or hot outside you can start the engine from a distance and run the heating or air conditioning before you get in. How's it work? Push the LOCK button three times, then hold it for four seconds.

Scion Security System $469
Quote:
Scion owners can protect their investment with a Scion Security system. Scion Security includes auto re-arm, door lock/re-lock, interior light activation, and panic mode. The sound-sensitive alarm is triggered when glass the car's glass is broken.
TIA
Malibu_Rapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

toyotaisme 46/M

Default Re: Scion Security & Remote start questions

Yes the remote start will tie in with your factory remote works really nice. we have on on our demo if you wanted to take a look at it.
Scion of Glendora
909-305-2000
909-305-2000
2012 Scion xB Rs 9.0 #1223 of 1500
2008 Xb White
Previus Owner of Hot Lava Orange xB # 0004 of 2100
toyotaisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #3

well i install these systems as well as the aftermarket remote starts and alarms in all the toyota's and scions for my dealership.....the factory remote start suckslol....wen u start it ....and then go to unlock the doors the remote start shuts off....and it has like horrible range ..so 1000 for the whole system it makes more sense if u were to just add the aftermarket remote start from the dealer so u can have it warranteed ...and its probably half the price....and u get the same features...
Old 05-28-2007, 07:20 AM   #4
SL Member

XBFred 44/M

Marc, how hard is it to install the factory alarm? Is there a difference between the "factory" alarm and the RS3200 PT398-52081? TRDSparks says it's aem???

I am thinking I could pick that up and install myself, what do you think?
XBFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #5

it is very easy to install this if u have the instructions.....it is the factory alarm no difference....its pretty much plug and play ...the brain and the wiring is usually all on the passenger side.........
Old 05-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
SL Member

XBFred 44/M

thanks, it is a bit pricey, but for $239 I can install myself and keep the warranty, I might go for it
XBFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
5 Year Member
SL Member

JohnathonSull 29/M

I can't get any kind of remote start for the 5-speed can I? They're only available for autos due to the clutch?

My xB is hairy & gets 17mpg W00T!!
JohnathonSull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:21 AM   #8

u could have one ...but u have to get a remote start equipped for stick shift....it requires the wiring to bypass the clutch....and u can not leave the car in gear wen u have it parked or wen it is remote started it will jump and very unsafe....it is really not recommended to do the remote starts for stick shift....
Old 05-29-2007, 04:23 AM   #9
5 Year Member
SL Member

JohnathonSull 29/M

Yea, I know someone who tried starting his acura integra and forgot it was in gear. He walked outside and it was half-way down the street due to him trying to start it multiple times.

My xB is hairy & gets 17mpg W00T!!
JohnathonSull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #10
sp2
5 Year Member
SL Member

sp2 25/M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathonSull
Yea, I know someone who tried starting his acura integra and forgot it was in gear. He walked outside and it was half-way down the street due to him trying to start it multiple times.

hahaha way to funny
yea i considered remote start but live in socal (good weather) and leave car in gear all the time so unnecessary
sp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
5 Year Member
SL Member
Teknagen 33/M

Send a message via AIM to Teknagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathonSull
LOL I would love to see peoples reaction when that happens !!
Teknagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #12
SL Member

Flawlessly 41/M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1760428
well i install these systems as well as the aftermarket remote starts and alarms in all the toyota's and scions for my dealership.....the factory remote start suckslol....wen u start it ....and then go to unlock the doors the remote start shuts off....and it has like horrible range ..so 1000 for the whole system it makes more sense if u were to just add the aftermarket remote start from the dealer so u can have it warranteed ...and its probably half the price....and u get the same features...
I was going to get a remote start for my xB, but this def hold me back, sorry for bumping this up, I used "search" feature
Flawlessly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #13
SL Member

Flawlessly 41/M

I'm thinking the new Viper 5902, anyone with that system, experienced? Their web says $799, not sure it would be any lower at local store.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #14
SL Member

miketf1 24/M

Send a message via MSN to miketf1

i have the 5901 and ive played with the 5902 at a shop i go to. it was installed into a toyota yaris.. i believe its the same as the 5901 just with the new color remote.

the animations on the remote and the wheel are cool but i couldnt justify paying more for the color remote. ill stick with my 5901
Old 12-13-2009, 01:32 AM   #15
SL Member

Flawlessly 41/M

Is 5901 good anyway? Does it get the job done? Oh btw, does the 5901 remote has back light?

Last edited by Flawlessly; 12-13-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:50 AM   #16
SL Member

miketf1 24/M

Send a message via MSN to miketf1

the alarm is great. its got good range and with the modules that i have installed, it controls my air, it can do the windows up/down, and headlights. i dont know if the alarm is effective as ive never been broken into.

the remote is backlit and has like 7 different colors.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:51 AM   #17
5 Year Member
SL Member

TrevorS M

I'm in the NE and have no interest in remote start. The factory wireless remote and TRDsparks self-install Scion security system have worked out fine for me. I liked it so much I installed an aftermarket keyless remote in my Eclipse (already had factory security).
TrevorS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #18
SL Member

Flawlessly 41/M

Do they still have this one? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1ujLk55bM&NR=1
Old 12-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Scionlife.com
Scion TC

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2007, alarm, button, easiest, install, panic, pt39852081, remote, scion, shift, start, stick, tc, tv, xb