Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

2011 xB Audio Overview

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 04:53 PM

Default 2011 xB Audio Overview

I just bought a used 2011 xB over the weekend and I'm trying to dig into what the different features and things I can do to the car. Hoping some one here can point me in the right direction.

Subwoofer: Is there a built in sub already? The system packs a bunch of bass already, but I might want to add a small sub for a little additional kick. I know the head unit has a sub output so it seems like a pretty easy add-on.

Hands-free: Based on my research, it seems like this head unit requires the extra navigation module to really get the most out of my phone (bluetooth connectivity, etc.) The navigation module is ridiculously priced, particularly considering I don't need navigation. Is there a better alternative or am I misunderstanding something?

Would also love to know what others consider to be "must-have" upgrades to the xB.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2015, 05:08 PM

The deck has a plug in you can add to get sub preouts but its not there from factory. As for bluetooth, what are you wanting to actually do? Handsfree calling or just bluetooth audio streaming?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ravendarat
The deck has a plug in you can add to get sub preouts but its not there from factory. As for bluetooth, what are you wanting to actually do? Handsfree calling or just bluetooth audio streaming?
Thanks...I'd be interested in hands free calling and audio streaming. Whatever's reasonably possible. I wonder if the newer xB's head units come with these features without requiring the nav module and if it'd be more cost effective to change out the head unit as a whole.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are multiple stock head units; which one do you have?

I'm currently running the T10015 in my '09 xB (pulled from a '15) and I am fairly happy with it. It has bluetooth (audio and calling) and back camera support without the nav module (the nav module adds navigation, a bit fancier bluetooth audio interface, and mediocre voice control).

I end up putting down around $200 for my '15 unit and another $200ish for the navigation option, though looking back the nav is really pointless and I probably wouldn't have bothered.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by k1114
There are multiple stock head units; which one do you have?

I'm currently running the T10015 in my '09 xB (pulled from a '15) and I am fairly happy with it. It has bluetooth (audio and calling) and back camera support without the nav module (the nav module adds navigation, a bit fancier bluetooth audio interface, and mediocre voice control).

I end up putting down around $200 for my '15 unit and another $200ish for the navigation option, though looking back the nav is really pointless and I probably wouldn't have bothered.
I've got the Alpine PT545-00111 (I think). The nav unit for it is $600+ on it's own. Sounds like the T10015 is worth looking into.