Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Flasher Relay Replacement?

Old 09-01-2015, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Flasher Relay Replacement?

How do you remove the OEM Relay - do you just pull it out or is there some clip I need to release - sorta hate to break things if I can avoid it.

Also, has anyone installed the TapTurn flasher relay (autowindow.com) in a 2nd Gen xB? If so, any tips?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-01-2015, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just grab and pull. I want to get one of the TapTurn pieces but I had just replaced my flasher when I heard about them so it'll have to wait. Just an fyi, the two clips you see on the sides of the TapTurn flasher will need to be cut down so the flasher seats properly.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Greg S
Just grab and pull. I want to get one of the TapTurn pieces but I had just replaced my flasher when I heard about them so it'll have to wait. Just an fyi, the two clips you see on the sides of the TapTurn flasher will need to be cut down so the flasher seats properly.
Thanks! If this works I'll put one in my wife's xD too.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Comes straight out from lower left drivers knee area. eBay is where I bought my led flasher relay for dirt cheap.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lele73
Comes straight out from lower left drivers knee area. eBay is where I bought my led flasher relay for dirt cheap.
I ordered the TapTurn with the Strobe option - just like to be different. But different comes at a cost so not cheap. Appreciate all y'all confirming that I just need to pull the OEM Relay out then trim the tabs on the side of the TapTurn and plug it in.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SJMiller
I ordered the TapTurn with the Strobe option - just like to be different. But different comes at a cost so not cheap. Appreciate all y'all confirming that I just need to pull the OEM Relay out then trim the tabs on the side of the TapTurn and plug it in.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm tempted about buying tap and turn with strobe. My concern is about using the strop effect and the wig wag option. Since mostly emergency vehicles use that effect,
I'd be concerned with being accused of impersonating an officer. But I guess if you need help and it attracts a cop faster, then a little more explaining is not so bad.

The truth is, $100 for a flasher is a little lower on my list of things to get done to me xB. I just upgraded to the Nav system and bought TRD lowering springs. I'll eventually get it.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-26-2021 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Greg S
how do you access the flasher relay? I can’t get around the cover where the drivers knees are
Old 05-26-2021, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by atpobre
how do you access the flasher relay? I can’t get around the cover where the drivers knees are
The lower cover has two or three screws holding it at the bottom, the top clips in, so once you have the screws out just pull it off.