Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Goodbye!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Goodbye!!

Haven't been on in quite sometime, but i thought a Goodbye was in order.

Last month, while I was out on date night with the wifey, got a call from my sister who was watching my son, and this is what I came home to:

Name:  20140815_063949_zpsh6wm9txc.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  54.4 KB
Name:  20140815_064008_zpst02zil0y.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  48.1 KB
Name:  20140815_064016_zps2jpy1foy.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  55.3 KB

Smashed and torn rear bumper, buckled LR quarter panel, smashed sheet metal all over (behind quarter panel, behind passenger sear, smahed spare tire well..etc) No rear axle damage, no wheel damage. So just all cosmetic. after the repair shop looked at it, the guy said that he was going full speed due to how the car was hit, meaning he never hit the brakes (the angle) Mind you the car was parked, and he did some serious damage. Thankfully we weren't in the car and no one, including the other driver, was injured.

Crazy thing... Car is so low, that he completely missed the frame rail. The repair shop than had to tear down the car and do and estimate. The estimate...7500, and to top it all off, car was valued at $11,800, it wasn't totaled out, and 4 weeks later, I got the car back today. (Needless to say I was blown away, and completely surprised at the resale value. KBB value of the car in "good" condition is $9600, but comps in the area valued the car higher.)

I had just got finished paying it off, and was contemplating selling it, due to A) approaching my midlife crisis and B) I want something fast. Either something already mostly built, or a project, the boy racer in me just couldn't just stay away!! I know a lot of people love their xBs, me personally, I haven't been all that happy with it, and I add it to the list of car purchase regrets (it's a long list). While I had it, I had it looking great, and to be honest I get compliments all the time. However, i figured it was time to move on. Sooooooo, while the box was in the repair shop, I crossed paths with this little beast, and I couldn't pass it up:

Name:  20140904_115431_zpsr1tejicg.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  65.2 KB

Wheels have been ordered, and Lowering will come in December, and I can't wait to start driving the s**t out of it.

Of all the forums I've been on, this one is one of the best. There are some people here with amazing knowledge, And everyone's super cool. I'm sure I'll lurk every once in a while.. So to my scion family I bid you all Adieu.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's a shame what happened to your xB..and that you've decided to move on. Honestly, I understand, I still have the 1st Gen xB and I just can't convince myself to upgrade(downgrade?) to the 2nd Gen model.

I test drove an xB2 awhile back and couldn't believe how bad the drivers position is, it's like it needs to be raised at least 2 or 3 inches to be considered normal. The dealer told me the FR-S isn't catching on at all and Scion seems to be dying a slow death. Toyota just doesn't seem to have their heart in it, auto biz is tough.

Good luck!
Old 09-21-2014, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looked like you always rode the XB hard , good and low . Liked your quote on being to low { honestly didn't know what i was thinking } and winter set up of rims in San diego .Good luck with the new ride .
Old 09-22-2014, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Super bummer. You and Omar got in wrecks in almost the same week.

Have fun with the next project, I'm sure I'll be seeing pictures!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlingSlade
That's a shame what happened to your xB..and that you've decided to move on. Honestly, I understand, I still have the 1st Gen xB and I just can't convince myself to upgrade(downgrade?) to the 2nd Gen model.

I test drove an xB2 awhile back and couldn't believe how bad the drivers position is, it's like it needs to be raised at least 2 or 3 inches to be considered normal. The dealer told me the FR-S isn't catching on at all and Scion seems to be dying a slow death. Toyota just doesn't seem to have their heart in it, auto biz is tough.

Good luck!
Thanks!! Yeah, The one thing I would've liked is a tilting and telescoping steering wheel. The seating position is super awkward. I think that the Scion Brand has definitely lost some of it's flare. I hope for the sake of the brand they can turn it around. I actually contemplated an FR-S but my disconnection fromthe brand turned me away. Besides, I didn't want another car payment.

Originally Posted by vancouverray
Looked like you always rode the XB hard , good and low . Liked your quote on being to low { honestly didn't know what i was thinking } and winter set up of rims in San diego .Good luck with the new ride .
thanks!! I tried. The underside is WRECKED!! If it sells, I hope the person doesn't look under the car!!

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
Super bummer. You and Omar got in wrecks in almost the same week.

Have fun with the next project, I'm sure I'll be seeing pictures!
Yeah, it sucks.. His was totaled right???

Oh yeah keep your eyes peeled! TBH, I'm not sure I can even sell the xB, If I don't, I think I might be change it up a bit who knows....
Old 10-01-2014, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Make sure to come on over to golfmkv.com. You have a lot to learn about that little thing. I'm at 400hp with my MKV now and that was quite an adventure to say the least. I didn't know jack when I entered that game. Look forward to seeing you over there.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Darrenohooligan
Yeah, it sucks.. His was totaled right???

Oh yeah keep your eyes peeled! TBH, I'm not sure I can even sell the xB, If I don't, I think I might be change it up a bit who knows....
Yep. It sucked, but he picked up another and went right back at it!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Make sure to come on over to golfmkv.com. You have a lot to learn about that little thing. I'm at 400hp with my MKV now and that was quite an adventure to say the least. I didn't know jack when I entered that game. Look forward to seeing you over there.
Can't wait to get started.. 400hp! Hot damn... Yeah, I have tons to learn. Been reading and Golfmkv, and VWvortex as well. I'm just not sure how deep i want to get with it yet.. (I know that's what we all say at first.... )
Old 10-03-2014, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly, you say that now. You'll start figuring out your priorities really quick. Haha.