Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

My main problem with the 2008 xB that was shown in Miami

Old 12-23-2006, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Default My main problem with the 2008 xB that was shown in Miami

Even though I didn't get to see it, from what I understand the 2008 xB shown in Miami had a body kit designed by 5Axis. Sure you can order the kit from your dealer (from what I have been told) but what about the stock xB? I sure hope they show the stock xB in Chicago.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I thougt 5axis helped designed the new xb, and that was shown to be the next xb.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ootsae
I thougt 5axis helped designed the new xb, and that was shown to be the next xb.
What was shown was not the stock xB, but the stock xB with a lot of extras that you will be able to order from the dealer. The stock xB still has not been shown.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah, it was kinda weird that it had already been modded and they didn't really say what had been changed. Maybe that's to keep peeps guessing. One thing that stuck with me was a large indent on the back of that wide D pillar. It almost looked like the D pillar window could have been filled as part of the mod... or maybe it was just a place to put a speaker...
Old 12-25-2006, 08:47 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

you do realize that fiveaxis has built alot of cars right?

the t2B and the Fuse? yeah... that was them too...

seriously... chill out. when the time comes.. it will.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I think those indentions in the plastic were storage, like the jeeps have, and the body kit I think most likely was just the two peice lip on the rear and front, as well as the heads and fogs, and I hope those butt ugly tails, they said what brand exhaust it had but I forget
Old 12-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

The tails were mok ups. The plastic was too thin and was painted red. My guess is that they werent ready yet and Scion or 5Axis just put something in there.

The Exhaust i believe was a 5 Axis design

The lip was the only thing added to the box that was 5 Axis, i believe.

The interior, the C pillars .... yeah, i wasnt impressed with those much, but it gives me lots of ideas as to what i can shove in there.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

well the front and rear had lips, I'm thinking the skirts are part of the kit as well, I'm hoping it doesn't come with those half projector heads
Old 12-27-2006, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I think the dual pipes coming out of a single muffler is the new stock exhaust. it looked nice for stock, but not cool enough for an upgrade . . .
Old 12-27-2006, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

it was an upgrade
Old 12-28-2006, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Templin said while everyone was rushing over to the cars that they both had a body kit designed by 5-Axis, and that it would be available through Optomize, so while your dealer can get it for you I dont believe it can be financed...

I cancelled my FJ to get the new xB and Iam hoping that the body kit doesnt change too much....
Old 12-28-2006, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

it can be financed, I was talking to rado and hes got a new turbo coming out for the tc/new xb/xd that will be able to be financed with the car and be covered under a toyota warranty and everything, everything we saw on that car we can get and finance through toyota with the car, but I'm betting that car was probably set up around 22k
Old 12-28-2006, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am pretty sure you cannot finance a turbo or super. Doing so changes the emissions... You can not finance a tC supercharger, even if you order it on the car you have to pay cash for it. Emissions is the same reason you cant finance cold air intakes.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

hm must just be arkansas then because you can finance all of the dealer options including the trd supecharger
Old 12-28-2006, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

arkansas . . . it's not cool to speak in absolutes when you aren't able to have that knowledge yet. just let it rest that you "heard" something. this is how rumors get started, and then you look silly when the product actually comes out different that what you claimed to "know".

it's cool though, do as you wish, but you'll eventually make yourself look ignorant. and yes, even in arkansas the TRD supercharger can not be financed into your TFS loan. It's not the dealership who makes that decision. The bank makes that call, and TFS nationwide will not finance the option. Technically the dealer cannot even install it beforehand. Yes, there are ways around all of this, but the rule is that you cannot finance the supercharger into a loan from TFS.

and how do you know the exhaust was an upgrade?!? do you already have the brochure for 08? and if so, i would like a copy to go along with my national enquirer! remember when you are in forum that the things you say don't have inflection and you may have meant "I think it is an upgrade" or you may have meant "I know for sure that this is an upgrade so quit speculating because I already know everything and no one shall question my absolute power" see what I mean. It all depends on how someone reads it, so you have to be more specific on how you say things, otherwise you can come off as rude.

's all for now!
1) arkansas doesn't know anything about the exhaust we don't already know.
2) TFS may change their policy, and arkansas may know something we don't, but for know you still gotta pay cash for your supercharger . .. even in arkansas!
3) be cool, and remember there is no inflection on the internet!

;)
Old 12-28-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Townsend_xB
Templin said while everyone was rushing over to the cars that they both had a body kit designed by 5-Axis, and that it would be available through Optomize, so while your dealer can get it for you I dont believe it can be financed...

I cancelled my FJ to get the new xB and Iam hoping that the body kit doesnt change too much....
As a dealer and someone who actually does this for a living, let me try and offer my opinion. We sell Optomize things now and can finance them into your current loan. The only parts we can't technically do through TFS are CAI and the supercharger. Other than that, whatever your credit and income support your dealer should be able to help out with. Heck, if you really wanted to and had the credit to do it, I could sell you and xB and cut you a check for $20,000 on top of it all and just send you out with a loan for $35,000. It's not smart, but it can be done.

I as well am hoping the box doesn't change much. I will own the new xB if TFS will have me again, lol!
Old 12-28-2006, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

well I don't think theres actually anyone in arkansas that has the trd supercharger, but they did offer to finance it for my dad when he bought his tc(he didn't want the SC) I could have financed every option they offer simply because arkansas has no emissions laws, no inspections none of that bs
Old 12-29-2006, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by shorberg
it's cool though, do as you wish, but you'll eventually make yourself look ignorant. and yes, even in arkansas the TRD supercharger can not be financed into your TFS loan.
Because we all know everyone uses TFS for their Scion loan. You might want to practice what you preach and not "assume" he was talking about a TFS loan.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

yea I wasn't going to point that out though Basil
Old 12-29-2006, 12:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

no, that is why i was very specific about the actual rules set forth by scion. i am merely clarifying what townsedn_xb meant when she said you couldn't finance it at all. the truth is that you cannot finance it with TFS. perhaps jwaj2002 had enough money down or equity to cover these parts when he bought his car which would be one of many explanations why he asuumes that you can finance anything you want in arkansas. i am simply trying to explain that it has nothing to do with the state, the emissions laws, or the dealership . . . you aren't supposed to finance a trd supercharger or trd cai with TFS.

so shorberg:

1) isn't assuming anything. i am clarifying what another member meant to say
2) (assuming) arkansas does have inspections, don't they?! (not the it pertains to this, just curious.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My main problem with the 2008 xB that was shown in Miami