Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Latest xB pic?

Old 01-10-2007, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member

Default Latest xB pic?

Just found this image....All you Miami Event attendants let me know if this is what it looks like.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That could be it!

-THE DON
Old 01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I was pretty drunk at the event. Add a blur effect to that picture and it looks familiar...
Old 01-10-2007, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pretty similar to the non-5 axis that I saw!! Little different, but very close. Good find!

Don't know where that pic originated from...perhaps a little intentional disinformation from Toyota/Scion...Hmmm...
Old 01-10-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

could be the new version of the bB in japan it has a toyota pretzel on the front
Old 01-10-2007, 06:11 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

that website is notorious for using photoshopped stuff...
tabloid worthy crap.

Originally Posted by CHPRBOX8
could be the new version of the bB in japan it has a toyota pretzel on the front
the new bB is already out in japan and it doesn't look like that.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

It does bear a striking resemblance as far as overall shape, but there are some differences between what we saw and what is pictured. Since the xB that was shown in Miami was a 5-Axis design with significant modifications, it is possible that this could be quite close to what is produced later this year. As for being exactly what was shown in Miami, I'd have to say no.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

isnt that the dawoo logo?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Even if it's photoshopped, it's better than all of the "drawings" on this site, and it has all of the characteristics that have been described about it.

-THE DON
Old 01-11-2007, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
that website is notorious for using photoshopped stuff...
tabloid worthy crap.
That's the second time you've said that- just wondering where that opinion comes from. I've been following the development of the new box from t2b-->now on that site, and they've had some really great and reliable info there. True, they seemed to think we were going to get the new JDM bb for a while, but they always frame their speculation properly.

What I'd REALLY like to know is whether Miami winners are purposefully not commenting on the accuracy of this pic because of an NDA. But if an NDA is detailed enough to require nebulous descriptions and assign a common explanation for them ("I was drunk!"), then I'm sure the NDA prohibits discussion of the NDA, and I'll never know the truth.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

let's go with "i was pretty drunk"
Old 01-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by DELINQ
What I'd REALLY like to know is whether Miami winners are purposefully not commenting on the accuracy of this pic because of an NDA. But if an NDA is detailed enough to require nebulous descriptions and assign a common explanation for them ("I was drunk!"), then I'm sure the NDA prohibits discussion of the NDA, and I'll never know the truth.
I saw no NDA, the only stuff I signed was for release of the pictures and videos taken.

That xB up there appears to be a drawing or photoshop, and it is a very good one. It's quite accurate, but not 100%

And the new xB is not the current JDM bB.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

if that waht it looks like then that's pretty nice
Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
isnt that the dawoo logo?
nope
Old 01-11-2007, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Max
I saw no NDA, the only stuff I signed was for release of the pictures and videos taken.

That xB up there appears to be a drawing or photoshop, and it is a very good one. It's quite accurate, but not 100%
Cool- thanks, Max.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by intellichoice
The automotive world continues to look for a hip minivan. Toyota's latest try is the F3R, or Freedom 3-Row Concept. Looking like a refugee from the Tokyo motor show, this angry appliance on wheels is all about the interior. Hybrid powered - of course, it's a Toyota, and the company can do anything with a hybrid powertrain - the F3R has six side doors. The front two are conventional, and the rear four are pillar-free suicide doors with a reinforcement ring, like the Honda Element. They open to reveal a lounge interior, with three conventional rows of seats that can be arranged into a kind of big oval couch, like those family room pits popular in the '90s. The driver's seat reclines and swivels, but the system is designed so that you can't drive the minivan when the seats are configured like this. Even if the driver's seat is in place, the second row can't be reclined while driving because it makes seatbelt use tough. There are two track-mounted video screens and a three-tier instrument panel, the upper strip with a mode for driving and a mode for the lounge. The main floor is covered in a kind of mid-century style recyclable rubber (the front seat area uses recyclable bamboo and the textured seats, set up stadium style in their driving configuration, are of a nice supple non-leather material. Toyota describes the styling as a wedged-shaped profile with a high beltline, but it doesn't really matter. So what's going on here? It looks like Toyota is looking for new interior ideas to freshen the minivan segment. If Tokyo youth can buy bBoxes (Scion xB) as apartments away from home, why couldn't the F3R provide a solution to high Los Angeles real estate prices?
Old 01-11-2007, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Messin with the pic...

Anyone knows how the Axis kit looks like?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
NM SCIONS

SL Member

hmm i dont really remember what it looks like 100% but it is somewhat of that design. The headlights were projectors though...but the closest pic so far in my mind...
Old 01-11-2007, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Latest xB pic?

Originally Posted by Decendant08
Just found this image....All you Miami Event attendants let me know if this is what it looks like.

If that's what it is... damn I'm gonna get me one. haha Just the other day I got a letter from headquarter toyota saying that they wanted my car... or.. excuse me.. that cars like mine fetch a good trade in value. Of course this is Hialeah, so... the whole letter was in Spanish. Mind you, I did the whole deal in English (important things like that I like to do in my native language). But I guess they don't keep things like that on file... anyway, back from the derailment, I want me one, but I'll wait till February to put an order with the dealership
Old 01-11-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't like it as much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Latest xB pic?