Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

The real deal on horsepower gain in the new xB.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toasted-_-
I love that "weak little engine". It gets 30 MPG! Just filled up today and I got 30.2 on that tank. I drive this thing uphill everyday and It passes cars just fine. I stay at 65 to 70 mph all the way up to home.

All this talk of passing and how hard it is in the xB. How fast do you need to pass a car???????

Americans still want gas hog, power to burn cars when the rest of the world is trying to be frugal. I'm pleased with the compromise that the xB offers.

In 3 more years when gas hits $4.25 a gallon, I'll still be laughin at the pump.
Sure maybe you can afford the xtra cost in gasoline, but sooner or later we'll have to start driving cars that get more than 28 MPG.

That's my rant, I'm done now, flame on!!!
the 1NZ is fine with just the driver but what were saying is when its starts to get loaded that's when it starts feeling stressed and underpowered.

i think we're getting there in terms of accepting small fuel efficient cars again and it shows in small cars sales. the whole americans driving gas guzzlers is misleading. there are plenty of cars in europe that are not small and diesels. just visit germany for a day and you'll see plenty of 6 and 8cylinder cars on the road.

hopefully we don't get to that point and the american gov't knows it. when gas goes up people don't go out and spend their hard earned money and this has a major effect on the economy.