Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Scion xB starting issue after pulling out the stock radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 05:42 PM

Default Scion xB starting issue after pulling out the stock radio

Hi,

I have a Scion xB 7.0 2010 and I installed an amp and subs into the stock stereo.
After pulling the stock stereo out to investigate the back to be sure it had the RCA ports we decided to move the car into the garage. We put the stereo back in and hooked the battery back up but now it will not start.
The cluster lights, stereo, and amp turn on and work fine but the car itself will not start.
I took the battery and alternator in to be tested and they are fine. I checked the fuses, jumped the car, and tried popping the clutch with no success.
The only thing left I can think of is that I tripped the car's anti-theft system and it's not letting me start it.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 01-02-2017, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Probably blew one of the fusible links in the exterior fuse box under the hood.

Here's a video on a Corolla that should where they are and what a pain they are to change.

I would double check every fuse in both fuse boxes first to be sure and then test the links. It's not a cheap part to replace.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:39 PM

Greg S,

I had noticed that fuse link and luckily it wasn't hard to pull out like it is on this Carolla. I dismissed it because I had no idea what it was and just looked at the fuses that I did know but I will go back and look at it.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:42 PM

I am not sure if it was caused by what I was doing but apparently, it was my 'clutch safety switch' that broke.
The mechanic that I took it to has a paper clip it in for now but I will get it replaced in the next few days