Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:48 AM
DL
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2008 xB release date???

Hello,

When can I get my hands on one of these?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 04:31 AM
DL
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello,

No ETA's???
Old 12-26-2006, 04:34 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hello,

next year.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
hello,

next year.
Good One!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it should be somewhat obviouse when the model is a ***2008***.

to what i've seen, most names would bring out new models of vehicels within 3 months before the modeled year. so earliest... maybe Sept of 07... but i doubt it from what i've been reading.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've heard from inside sources that they will have "limited" quantities available late April/early May of '07.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It will probably be April. It could actually be a little earlier. I've been with Toyota for 13 years now and I have seen so many product launches that I can't even remember them all. From what I know about the order and build process, it will be April.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:53 AM
DL
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cliffy1
It will probably be April. It could actually be a little earlier. I've been with Toyota for 13 years now and I have seen so many product launches that I can't even remember them all. From what I know about the order and build process, it will be April.
Duh, I'm with stupid.. Oh Look, an intelligent answer from someone that is over 10 on here...

April 07 will be nice..

Are you located in Springfield, VA? How close is that to Gainesville, VA. I have a brother who lives there. Let me know when you are getting some 08's delivered. I may buy it from you. I don't need to finance, do you guys take cash...

thanks to all you guys that didn't answer with a smart a$$ comment.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

I'm 25 but I got nothin. Mid yr 07 best bet.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DL

Duh, I'm with stupid.. Oh Look, an intelligent answer from someone that is over 10 on here...

April 07 will be nice..

Are you located in Springfield, VA? How close is that to Gainesville, VA. I have a brother who lives there. Let me know when you are getting some 08's delivered. I may buy it from you. I don't need to finance, do you guys take cash...

Springfield is about 30 minutes from Gainesville and we take anything we can deposit to our bank.

This is a unique web site. There are some serious insiders who know a lot more than I do and sometimes, they will slip in a bit of information that is well ahead of what is commonly known. There are also a lot of newbies who don't know the right questions to even ask. Its that mix that makes BBs like this interesting.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:09 PM
DL
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DL

April 07 will be nice..

Springfield is about 30 minutes from Gainesville and we take anything we can deposit to our bank.

This is a unique web site. There are some serious insiders who know a lot more than I do and sometimes, they will slip in a bit of information that is well ahead of what is commonly known. There are also a lot of newbies who don't know the right questions to even ask. Its that mix that makes BBs like this interesting.
I'm good friends with the Toyo and Nitto tire folks from CA. They sponsor me with free tires for my Ford F-150 Lightning truck. I was introduced to some guy at Nopi in Atlanta this year. My Toyo friend said he was the head of Scion in North America. I wish I would have gotten his business card and talked to him a little more.

I got interested in the xB from a friend of mine in Nashville, TN. He had bought one in the summer and I rode in it several times when I visited him. When I got home, I told my daughter that I really liked the xB and we should test drive one to see how she would like it. I've been looking for my daughter a car to drive, She's 17. I took her to my local scion dealer and let her test drive a 2006, she liked it. I'm waiting on the 2008 for more power or I would have bought her a 06.

I was just joking around about whether you take cash. I know you will.
I was just taking a poke at the smart a$$'s , I can take it. I don't get mad, it's the internet.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

You will not be disappointed. The new xB looks sweet!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm... while we're poking fun at smart a$$s, your profile says you're 25 and your post says you're looking for a car for your daughter to drive. That means you were what... 8 when you had her.

Just kidding man. I've played around on engouh BBs to recognize humor. Sometimes my humor doesn't translate well though. Either I'm not as funny as I think I am or I need to use smilies more often.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:35 PM
DL
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm... while we're poking fun at smart a$$s, your profile says you're 25 and your post says you're looking for a car for your daughter to drive. That means you were what... 8 when you had her.

Just kidding man. I've played around on engouh BBs to recognize humor. Sometimes my humor doesn't translate well though. Either I'm not as funny as I think I am or I need to use smilies more often.
You caught that..I knew I was giving that away when I posted I have a daughter old enough to drive.. I was pretty busy at 8 yrs old...lol too shey...

I met some Scion xB drivers at Nopi Atlanta 06. The Scion xB car show parking spot was right behind the Nitto exhibit.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my step dad was just 9 years older than me, and being texas reported a 26 year old grandma a few years back, it's possible.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

From what Ive gotten out of my Toyota/Scion contacts we should see the xB replacement on lots at the earliest late March. April should be for sure. Look for the xD to be available around July. That is prett much right from the top. Mark Templin is the man who runs Scion. I have his card... :lala:
Old 01-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElChupacabra
... I have his card... :lala:
And he is going to tell you anything, why?

Old 01-12-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
... I have his card... :lala:
And he is going to tell you anything, why?

He's going to tell me things that are already public knowledge for sure. The production schedule for both the new models has been out for a while now. Im pretty sure I got my copy during last summer when we were all at the Round Table meeting in Baltimore... ...well, maybe not ALL of us. I simply asked Templin if the schedule was still on time. I know you guys think you're connected to corporate but apparantly you should rethink your ties.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:03 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

I know you guys think you're connected to corporate but apparantly you should rethink your ties.
we all have our own contacts... i know i have mine

however, you don't see me being prancing around with my chin-up acting snobbish and rude like that..
Old 01-12-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^...and alot of guys in corporate have no freaking clue as to whats happening, anyways!

Quick Reply: 2008 xB release date???