Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

What are the thoughts on the interior *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Grogck
The seat material definitely LOOKS low-budget (I'd gladly pay for a dealer-upgrade if that were an option.) Everything else actually looks quite good IMO. Like the additional storage space in the back and after having a chair-mounted armrest in a previous car I REALLY miss those. Glad to see it included.
Agreed on all counts
Old 02-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by KevinxB
Originally Posted by Grogck
The seat material definitely LOOKS low-budget (I'd gladly pay for a dealer-upgrade if that were an option.) Everything else actually looks quite good IMO. Like the additional storage space in the back and after having a chair-mounted armrest in a previous car I REALLY miss those. Glad to see it included.
Agreed on all counts
+2

Seat fabric is awful.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JSM1284
The first pic is a "Static" Vehicle, used only for testing purposes.

The second pic is an actual production model.
Are you sure which is which? The first one has a new but fairly normal looking Scion radio, the second has a very different Scion radio. Is that going to be the stock radio, or are they going to offer it as an option?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:58 PM
RMS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: What are the thoughts on the interior *PICS*

Originally Posted by WheelSee

-wC

Wow, now that is real unique!
Old 02-09-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everything is awesome but the gauges in the center? noooo
Old 02-09-2007, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iride_xB04
everything is awesome but the gauges in the center? noooo
so you hate your car?

I can't figure out why all the people are complaining about what they already have (sort of). That's the only thing they kept, and that was just location. I'd expect tC owners to not like it, but box drivers?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

see i think the interior seats quality actually look a little better then the old xb. But those are just pics.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the seat fabric looks to be more durable then the current xb...many people have issues with the seat bottom pinching and lifting...looked horrid.

right CB???

i am fine with the gauges being in the center. i just wish they moved it farther to the right so it lined up with something...so it looks like it belonged there...so it looks like someone actually designed it not just slapped it in as an after thought.

the speakers are in the door not the a-pillar. the triangle piece that is behind the mirror mounting.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hers my .15 cents on it

1. gauges are perfect. ok placement, like dave said they look like an afterthought. and also looks like the designer was driving a saturn ion for a while

2. the seats look like something you would find in a 1981 Plymouth Reliant K coupe

3. I think with just the two dome lights i hope it will have more interior lights then our current xB

4. The "tricked" out dash on page 2 looks pretty cool. and maybe its the angle of the camera that makes it look a little better.

Dave did you notice that the cup holders arent squared off with the front console? i cant fit a big cup on one side then the other, maybe its a theme of some sort.

"Square, but off a bit" anyone get that :-P :-/

i like my xB and im keepin it!!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have one funny little question that noone has asked. I've been hearing alot about HD radio, and I've heard some HD radio stations (some multicasted stations are great) and... does the new xB have an HD radio (an option of that is somethign I would pay for)
Old 02-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by lufoxe
I have one funny little question that noone has asked. I've been hearing alot about HD radio, and I've heard some HD radio stations (some multicasted stations are great) and... does the new xB have an HD radio (an option of that is somethign I would pay for)
WIth Satellite Radio taking off with both providers i cant see how HD radio can really hold on. IMO it was a last ditch effert to try and keep the average Joe listener. Also IMO i cant tell the difference between regular radio and HD. Scion already offers SAT ready radios ( which they are offering again in the new models, just look at the close up pics in the interior shots ) so the HD head unit wouldnt be necessary.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
the seat fabric looks to be more durable then the current xb...many people have issues with the seat bottom pinching and lifting...looked horrid.

right CB???
But cha know .... it was only on the RS1 models that had that problem. I fought with 2 dealerships on that matter and they just basically said to go ____ up a tree. Luckily mine isnt as unsightly as some others i have seen out in our Scion meets. I have seen some that look like there is a midgit in the seat.

the speakers are in the door not the a-pillar. the triangle piece that is behind the mirror mounting.
This is what i meant to say, but was too excited to get my fingers to type it.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ

right CB???
But cha know .... it was only on the RS1 models that had that problem. I fought with 2 dealerships on that matter and they just basically said to go ____ up a tree. Luckily mine isnt as unsightly as some others i have seen out in our Scion meets. I have seen some that look like there is a midgit in the seat.

This is what i meant to say, but was too excited to get my fingers to type it.
just keep those fingers above the keyboard and i'll be happy...
i've seen non RS boxes with the seat covers bunching...but they claim it is your abuse that causes it...
Old 02-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

i've seen non RS boxes with the seat covers bunching...but they claim it is your abuse that causes it...
Yeah, i wish. If i was pounding the bottom of the seat that hard on a consistant basis i wouldnt get any where, there would be a body in my line of view.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WIth Satellite Radio taking off with both providers i cant see how HD radio can really hold on. IMO it was a last ditch effert to try and keep the average Joe listener. Also IMO i cant tell the difference between regular radio and HD. Scion already offers SAT ready radios ( which they are offering again in the new models, just look at the close up pics in the interior shots ) so the HD head unit wouldnt be necessary.
at first it sounds like that, but it's a different audience, I for example heard (and loved) sirius radio, I don't want to be paying for radio. HD radio just adds extra quality and extra stations to existing ones (like in Miami there's 93.1 which is rock and then there's 93.1-2 which is classic rock.) It's not a big thing, but it'd be nice to have LOL
Old 02-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

at first it sounds like that, but it's a different audience, I for example heard (and loved) sirius radio, I don't want to be paying for radio. HD radio just adds extra quality and extra stations to existing ones (like in Miami there's 93.1 which is rock and then there's 93.1-2 which is classic rock.) It's not a big thing, but it'd be nice to have LOL
With it still being FM raido ... your going to loose the quality the furhter you go from the tower any way. Im not trying to bash HD radio ... im just trying to shed some light as to why Scion wont use it. IMO there really isnt a large calling for it.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I all around like this car...
Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With it still being FM raido ... your going to loose the quality the furhter you go from the tower any way. Im not trying to bash HD radio ... im just trying to shed some light as to why Scion wont use it. IMO there really isnt a large calling for it.
nah not saying you're bashing... and I say scion should have it cause... cause... iono I couldn't find anything that they really need to add LOL
Old 02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my god those seats are really horrible...
Old 02-09-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really think it is sweet! when is it coming out?

Quick Reply: What are the thoughts on the interior *PICS*