34.35%
Hate It!
13.74%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

What are the thoughts on the interior *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:12 PM
SL Member

Your probably right with #2. But #3 could be that it was patented by honda?

One question - what's the tallest a person can be to sleep flat in the new xb? if I fold all the seats flat, would I be able to lie flat in it? Or if I went into refresh mode? I'm 5'6" and in refresh mode the old xb was just an inch or 2 too short and the back wasn't flat.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rishio
Your probably right with #2. But #3 could be that it was patented by honda?

One question - what's the tallest a person can be to sleep flat in the new xb? if I fold all the seats flat, would I be able to lie flat in it? Or if I went into refresh mode? I'm 5'6" and in refresh mode the old xb was just an inch or 2 too short and the back wasn't flat.
Sounds like a road trip is in order
Old 02-21-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking at the center console in the xB2 I don't think I will fit. I am 6'6" and with most cars my right leg gets pinned between the center console and the steering wheel, this makes driving painful or on some cars I can't touch the pedals. I really love the xB1 because the center of the dash does not jut out leaving me with the kind of room I would otherwise find in large SUVs and trucks.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have issues with leg room as well, even in the xB1 my knee hits the bottom corner of the center stack. Spacing the front seat up about 1" (longer bolts+washers) helped alot, but I still have issues.

Not many cars have enough leg room, I wish the seats would go back a couple more inches. There would still be plenty of legroom for rear seat passengers. Hopefully the new xB2 allows the seat to go further back.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why couldn't scion think of this?

It would be awesome if I could go camping, foldback the seats and sleep in the xb completely flat.
It does. The front seats DO fold flat, flush with the backseat. Push both front seats forward, remove headrests, and recline. . 4 thick pillows, a couple comforters and you're set. I know because I've been sleeping in my xB with my gf for a month. I'm not homeless, My house never sleeps so I just park in the garage. close the door and sleep in absolute blackness and relative peace.

Its very comfortable.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:52 AM
SL Member

i went to the scion dealership and did recline the front seats all the way.. The problem is that I can't lay flat.. my feet hit the glove compartment. The backrest on the backseat doesn't allow you to sleep flat. Do you sleep sitting up?
Old 02-24-2007, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i went to the scion dealership and did recline the front seats all the way.. The problem is that I can't lay flat.. my feet hit the glove compartment. The backrest on the backseat doesn't allow you to sleep flat. Do you sleep sitting up?
take the headrests out of the back seat and flip that down...should be flat from the front to the hatch...
Old 02-24-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, it depends how tall you are. If you're 5'8" or taller, you would def be touching the glovebox w/ your feet with the backseat up. I'm only 5'7" but I'm able to stretch out all the way. The pillows do prop you up a bit, but at least you can sleep in various positions. It's too bad the backseats don't recline and slide like in the xD.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by NotAllBad
Actually, it depends how tall you are. If you're 5'8" or taller, you would def be touching the glovebox w/ your feet with the backseat up. I'm only 5'7" but I'm able to stretch out all the way. The pillows do prop you up a bit, but at least you can sleep in various positions. It's too bad the backseats don't recline and slide like in the xD.
the xD rear seats are cool (straight out of the rav4) but they don't reclone flat...they would fold forward for that...
Old 02-26-2007, 05:25 AM
SL Member

I'm 5'6" and wasn't able to stretch out flat without my feet interfering with the glove compartment. I'm hoping that the new xb gives me an inch or two of length so that I can actually stretch out in the front flat when the front seats are reclined. If I still can't do this in the new xb, hopefully I'll be able to at least lay flat when the back seat pushed down..

A picture would be great!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm 5'6" and wasn't able to stretch out flat without my feet interfering with the glove compartment. I'm hoping that the new xb gives me an inch or two of length so that I can actually stretch out in the front flat when the front seats are reclined. If I still can't do this in the new xb, hopefully I'll be able to at least lay flat when the back seat pushed down..

A picture would be great!
while the new xb is a foot longer...most of the new space seems to be under the hood and in the trunk area...but i think there is a lil bit more for the seats...will just have to wait for the auto show to find out...
Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM

Default legroom

Does anyone know if the xb2 has improved legroom in the passenger side front seat? That was one reason we didn't go with the xb first-gen
Old 03-18-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

4) The blind spot at the rear quarters are gonna be a pain in the ****
I'm looking at these interior pictures and thinking the same thing. The current xb has an excellent view, I'm wondering how bad this blind spot will be in the 2nd gen xb.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by redneck69
I'm looking at these interior pictures and thinking the same thing. The current xb has an excellent view, I'm wondering how bad this blind spot will be in the 2nd gen xb.
can you see out of the current xB rear qtr windows???

there is no more a blind spot in the new vs. the old.

actually, the all around view should better. it is bigger and has bigger windows...
Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
Originally Posted by redneck69
can you see out of the current xB rear qtr windows???

there is no more a blind spot in the new vs. the old.

actually, the all around view should better. it is bigger and has bigger windows...
what "she" said. I know I can't see out my rear quarter windows, expecially if I'm moving.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by dudehitt
what "she" said. I know I can't see out my rear quarter windows, expecially if I'm moving.
Now thats funny right there ... she
Old 03-23-2007, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Corolla CE called and they want their interior fabric back...