Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Who is actually going to buy an '08 xB?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Who is actually going to buy an '08 xB?

I'm going to be buying either the '08 xD or xB later this year. Who else is actually going to purchase one of the nextgen Scions?
Old 02-28-2007, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member

Maybe not an '08, but I should be getting the style.. I wanted one of the xB1's but just couldn't work it in the budget. So in the next 3 year life of the xB2 I should be able to.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I have fully decided yet. I loved the one in Miami. I will wait until they come out with an RS, if they do. And that will be the one I get. If not, it will be the tC RS3, if any are left, lol.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i don't think i will have the money to get the 2nd gen in time, maybe the 3rd gen.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I plan on giving the 08 xB a good look. If it fits my needs then I will likely buy one. I can't say for sure till i sit in one and drive it.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

At the Chicago Auto Show I used their little configurator to make up a new xB in Lava. It looks REALLY good. I'm going to be very tempted if they recycle the color from my car...
Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member

I have to say that I really like the new 08's, but im not really sold on them yet. I think I have put allot into my 06 that I am still really connected to the box. But i'm sure some awsome body kit will come out, and then it's off to the dealership.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if my car blows up or disappeared from the face of the earth, i will buy one. or if it gets totalled, i won't have a choice, and i will get the new one. i hope none of this ever happens btw.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am getting the new b 4 sure.

I'd also like to go to regional events but, DANG there has been some nastieness spoken on this forum and others. The new b owners might have to start a forum.

For those who plan on buying one, will you feel like you are joining a crew?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was gonna purchase the 07 but then i found out about the 08 so i'm still waiting on it. I plan to be the first one in the Berkeley, CA area with an 08 XB
Old 03-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotatodd
I'd also like to go to regional events but, DANG there has been some nastieness spoken on this forum and others. The new b owners might have to start a forum.

Those here in the NorthEast really arent against the new B. I have first dibbs as they hit port in Newark so im planning on having mine ASAP. Dont count on it looking stock for too long though. That being said, i also dont anticipate any negativity towards me or my new box here in my region.

If i really was worried about how i will be recieved with the new xB, then i wouldnt buy it for me, i would be buying it for everyone else. Im not, im buying it for me, and cause i think it has a world of possibilities.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ

Those here in the NorthEast really arent against the new B.
Speak for yourself. I have 2 friends that own xBs (3 if you include me) & 1 who owns the xA. We ALL pretty much hate it.

All of us live actually down in DC, so we all like that "city car" feel to the classic xB, so I guess thats why we dont like the new one. Hardly anyone here in the city drives big cars. Scions & Mini Coopers are EVERYWHERE.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am awaiting color confirmation on the RS1. If that is not acceptable, I wait for RS2, and so on.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peestandingup

Speak for yourself. I have 2 friends that own xBs (3 if you include me) & 1 who owns the xA. We ALL pretty much hate it.

All of us live actually down in DC, so we all like that "city car" feel to the classic xB, so I guess thats why we dont like the new one. Hardly anyone here in the city drives big cars. Scions & Mini Coopers are EVERYWHERE.
You live in the city, or suburbs?
I used to live in Fairfax and Falls church, back in '99-'00
Old 03-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

Good thing i dont consider DC part of the NorthEast.

Good thing im buying the new xB for me, not you.

<=== speaking for himself.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by typhoonorchid

You live in the city, or suburbs?
I used to live in Fairfax and Falls church, back in '99-'00
Nope, I live in the city. Inside the U Street Corridor.

Good thing i dont consider DC part of the NorthEast.

Good thing im buying the new xB for me, not you.

<=== speaking for himself.
Well, thats fine. But, you were making a mass generalization that everyone in the northeast isnt against the new xB & thats just not true. Did you take a survey??

And if you don't consider DC part of the northeast, then what do you consider it?? Yeah, I guess technically its part of the Mid-Atlantic region, but guess what chief, so is Jersey AND New York.

So, guess you're not part of the northeast either ;-)
Old 03-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

Well, thats fine. But, you were making a mass generalization that everyone in the northeast isnt against the new xB & thats just not true. Did you take a survey??
As a matter of fact i have been asking around. Seeing as how i attend several local ScioNRG meets in NJ and NY and was at the NYC PreVue the over all consensus is that the car is nice. Some; like myself, are into it more then others, but unless my members are intimidated by me ( which im sure they arent ) then the feed back is overal good.

And both are still Scions, so they wont be excluded from my club nor any Scion related events.

And if you don't consider DC part of the northeast, then what do you consider it?? Yeah, I guess technically its part of the Mid-Atlantic region, but guess what chief, so is Jersey AND New York.

So, guess you're not part of the northeast either ;-)
Im not going to get into a geographical ____ing match on whos N.E. and whos not, but im further North and East then you.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i am actually going to buy a new xb2 and i want to be the first in hawaii, but i probably won't. But i will get an 08 model fo sho! it looks like it has a lot more possiblities performance-wise than the smaller 1.5 liter engine. not that i don't like my current xb, i just like the new xb alot more, with all the added stuff to it. i won't feel like a loser if i lose a race against the CityBus now. lol..
Old 03-05-2007, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
NM SCIONS

SL Member

only thing that is stopping me from making a decision is the price. It looks like its gonna be at least 17K with that lip kit from 5-Axis, and then Id have to save up for some wheels. But yeah it looks like its gonna be pricey with all the standard features...
Old 03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

air bags are extra

any idea on how much?

Quick Reply: Who is actually going to buy an '08 xB?