Notices

bagged RS5 from Hawaii (Jun 8 new pics on pg.4)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scion619
congrats on the airrunner man and to marshall for a great install couldn't have installed it any better.......nice to have another gen2 on airrunner
Charles here you are I was looking for you on www.VIPStylecars.com ....lol

next time Im in SD picking up an airrunner from Freddy www.autofashionusa.com ill make sure to hit you up..

you wana rock some eyelids that we are comming out with..
Old 02-15-2009, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

those wheels are crazy; didnt realize hid the tank under the car
Old 02-15-2009, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

I am loving that RS5 man. Looking really good
Old 02-15-2009, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great install marshall. did all the compression fittings come with the kit or is that something you guys decided to use? Im wondering if i can get the front/rear bags as well as the shocks from air runner? I dont need the whole kit.

Im sure the camber will help lay the car out more. I know it helped me...!
-nick
Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Air runner now come with mostly compession fittings.. except rear bags.. you can only buy as a kit. they dont sell parts seperate..
Old 02-16-2009, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got the exhaust installed today. since i got the five axis kit of course its dual. the install is full custom to work around the install, the tips are huge and stick out a lil bit, pretty crazy looking. I will take and post some pics tomorrow. almost like JDM look but also seen a ton of german cars with that style exhaust tips. youll see tomorrow . . .
Old 02-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

here is the install process that andrews car went through...

Ok guys here is my latest project with a members car. Thanks to Freddy at Autofashion! one of the vendors here..

Air runner install in a 2008 scion xb.

THis is the first one in Hawaii

I opted out of using the air runner paddle switches becuase of limited space and the amount of space it needs to be mounted becuase all the hoses that runs in the back of the switches. The only place i could mount it cleanly would have been in the center compartment between the seats. It made no sence to me in mounting it there becuase every time you wana use your air you have to open up the compartment.. IMO i rather have it with easy acces..

I am using a manifold valve setup from UAS.. choose these becuase it eliminates that bulky valves and all the fittings.. and so i could achive a very clean install.. the cost on the mainfolds actually come out cheaper than using those reg valves by the time you add in all the fittings you need.

The setup will be mounted on a custom frame that will use existing holes on the rear of the XB..

Here is the Tank, Comp and Manifold valve, and water trap. IF your going to attempt to this this set up using valves you will have to add a check valve after the water trap.. why after the water trap? just in case the water trap starts to leak the check valve will hold the air in the tank.

installed all the wires and hose.. Just finished mount the Guage in the cup holder and the switches by the traction control switch.. looks OEM..

Please note that.. these are not the air swtiches that the air runner kit comes with.. WE added manifold valves instead.. Air runner switches are big and bulky and will not fit here or anywhere cleanly like this on the gen 2

I used the Stock holes that were used for the tow hooks..

Installed and wired and works!

The rear..
before

SHocks are just a little shorter..

Rear Bags... Note top mounting bolt need to be cut.. air runner made it to long.. also lower mound bolts do not tighten supper tight.. AS instructiosn says only tillt he lock washer lays flat..

Installed

Fronts.

Installed and air hose ran and working

here it is guys!!! Done and one happy customer!

Old 02-16-2009, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

eh marshall, i met this guy at rad motorsports yesterday, i didnt ask for his name but he told me to ask you something. i dont remember exactly what he said but i think it was "visions of a grand illusion" or something like that. what was he talkin about?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:02 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by drewsxb808
eh marshall, i met this guy at rad motorsports yesterday, i didnt ask for his name but he told me to ask you something. i dont remember exactly what he said but i think it was "visions of a grand illusion" or something like that. what was he talkin about?
what was he drving
Old 02-19-2009, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dunno. he was one of the workers in the shop. didnt see his car
Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aww snap, five axis kit going on this weekend . . . will post some pics . . . stay tuned
Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW.. Those wheels are pretty bad a$s.. Only certain vehicles would they look good on, and they flow nicely.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by layedoutxa
WOW.. Those wheels are pretty bad a$s.. Only certain vehicles would they look good on, and they flow nicely.
thank u sir. i was looking at these rims 3 months before i even bought the car!! wasnt sure if they would "flow" good, but im glad they did. I see these rims on a lot of mercedes and cadillacs, but they just dont look right. I really want to paint them . . .
Old 03-23-2009, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

another update to the RS5. . . I might be wrong but as far as i know this was the first bagged RS5, and now i believe its the first with a five axis kit. dumped the kenstyle and upgraded to some subtle beauty. Much lower w the kit on. Again, thanks to Marshall for installing for me and rolling the fenders, also thanks to Al, install was in his garage and we used a bunch of his tools. These pics were from my phone at the install. will take better pics later. We were gonna camber the front but i got sold the wrong size bolts, think those were for the first gens. it will be cambered soon, hopefully it lets me tuck the front a lil more

at Rad Moto Sports gettin the exhaust fab'd

Marshall aka Master of the fender roller! lol

Al hookin up the heat

other side

slammed!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good. I love the exhaust! can you still get to the jack points? Also Im requesting some side shots...
Old 03-23-2009, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvi9pKOi0k

^^since your bagged now, I thought you would enjoy this vid
Old 03-24-2009, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

^ haha nice and dude ur ride is lookin sick as hell. Props goes to you and what uve done so far. Def one of my fav bagged xb2's. Question though...whats next? lol
Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by redline8k
looks good. I love the exhaust! can you still get to the jack points? Also Im requesting some side shots...
no, side skirts cover it up i think. gotta use the big dog heavy duty jacks! I was going to detail and take pics today but as soon as i got off work it started raining. Will do tomorrow morning, stay tuned for nicer pics. Oh and Nick I wanted to ask you some questions about the camber kit u used, u said 3 degrees right? still hold a straight line pretty well? can i get a good pic of how much the tire angles in?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha that video is pretty sick!!!

Originally Posted by Beckenbauer
^ haha nice and dude ur ride is lookin sick as hell. Props goes to you and what uve done so far. Def one of my fav bagged xb2's. Question though...whats next? lol
still got a ton of things planned. Money is always the only thing holding me back though. A few small things im gonna do real soon is camber the front wheels, tint the windows, either paint the headlights black or get some aftermarket ones, led tail lights, WeaponR header & S pipe. after that ill do more engine mods, dress up the engine, then ill make my way into the interior, thinking suede headliner and dash for now, that might change, full garson setup (ton of stuff), and of course a ridiculous sound system with a crazy install but keep it clean somehow, a bunch of lights by Varad. Add a butt load of fine detailed type things but thats the basic idea for now. only thing i need is another 15 grand and I think I should be good. . . donations are welcome, support the cause!!!! lol
Old 03-24-2009, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks sooooo sick slames with the kit and that gold...

Quick Reply: bagged RS5 from Hawaii (Jun 8 new pics on pg.4)