Notices

Cam bolts for alignment after geometry change?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member

Question Cam bolts for alignment after geometry change?

I've read about 2 different types of camber adjusting devices which can be used to get alignment in/close to OEM specs. First are some yellow plastic things, for which I have no experience. They would seem like a possible pain - perhaps you had to go back for rear alignment check several times, each time putting in more shims (at home) until the camber is right. I don't think I have access to a place which will not charge for multiple visits, and no idea who would charge nothing to check the camber after each shim addition.

Now I see there are offset camber bolts from Toyota - is this correct? Anyone know the p/n and the intended vehicle which the OEM camber bolts are used? Why 3 bolts and not 4?

thanks,
Mark
Old 12-31-2014, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Camber bolts are for the front suspension. To align the rear you have to use shim plates. Depending on your drop you can get away with not running the rear shims. Also if you aren't dropping a lot then the stock suspension has enough adjustment in it to take care of any camber needs.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member

Question Front camber bolts?

Originally Posted by Greg S
Camber bolts are for the front suspension. To align the rear you have to use shim plates. Depending on your drop you can get away with not running the rear shims. Also if you aren't dropping a lot then the stock suspension has enough adjustment in it to take care of any camber needs.

So, FRONT offset camber bolts ARE definitely needed for the NF210 springs? Strange, the only time I've needed those bolts were in the rear...... on both FWD and RWD cars. I guess many car's alignment features are different than others.

Looking for a lead on make and part number (and a vendor, if possible) for the front offset camber bolts.

thanks,
Kleecker
Old 01-01-2015, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member

Question Front Offset Camber Bolts

was pretty easy to find it - this it?

Eibach Front Camber Kit: Scion xB 2008 - 2014 (xB2)
Old 01-02-2015, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kleecker
So, FRONT offset camber bolts ARE definitely needed for the NF210 springs? Strange, the only time I've needed those bolts were in the rear...... on both FWD and RWD cars. I guess many car's alignment features are different than others.

Looking for a lead on make and part number (and a vendor, if possible) for the front offset camber bolts.

thanks,
Kleecker
No, you only need the camber bolts if you are dropping a lot. NFs are a mild drop, the stock suspension adjustments can handle it.

Originally Posted by kleecker
was pretty easy to find it - this it?

Eibach Front Camber Kit: Scion xB 2008 - 2014 (xB2)
Yep those would be them if you needed them.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member

appreciate it. I'm used to 1.5-2" being a substantial drop, so this is new territory with the xB.