Notices

NF210 Springs vs Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member

Default NF210 Springs vs Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 Kit

Hello. I'm stuck between two setups and would appreciate everyone's input. I tried searching through the forums and couldn't find the answer I wanted so I decided to make a new post.

So from the information I gathered, the NF210 springs are suppose to give a really nice and soft ride.

I wanted to get the hotchkis sway bar set as well to go with the springs but then I saw that they had a stage 1 set.

My question would be if I would notice a big difference in handling? I live near canyons and it's fun to go on canyon runs once in a while but stock suspension setup is definitely holding me back big time so that's why I'm considering this.

I don't know my exact wheel setup right now, but I do have 18's. Right off the bat I did notice a little bit of a rougher ride but got used to it already and doesn't bother me. I just don't want to the ride to be even more rough, but want to improve my handling tremendously, and get rid of that wheel gap....bugs me lol

NF210 Springs with Hotchkis Sway Bar set

vs

Scion xB Hotchkis Tvs System Stage-1 Kit (2008-ON)

http://www.2kracing.com/Product/69446.html

GO!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:10 PM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

I'm pretty sure Hotchkis don't make the springs anymore only the sway bar set.
I loved my Hotchkis spring and sway set up with Tokico blue shocks/struts.
Was going order new setup for new xb but didn't make anymore.

http://www.hotchkis.net/search.html?...mitForm=Search
Old 06-27-2014, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member

Are you sure? The link I posted, that company is local and I also found a couple other places where they sell that kit. I will be using my stock shocks for the mean time... Just wanted to see if the ride is smoother on either or
Old 06-27-2014, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by LoGis71K
Are you sure? The link I posted, that company is local and I also found a couple other places where they sell that kit. I will be using my stock shocks for the mean time... Just wanted to see if the ride is smoother on either or
Have you called them to confirm? I ran the Hotchkis springs for a good 3 years. They were great, but when I removed the struts to install my coils, the bottom of the spring was cracked. I informed them and they sent me replacements.

Hotchkis are going to be lower than the NFs. Significantly.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:50 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

well the link i sent you is directly from hotchkis which i would trust more and I'm 99.9% they no longer make them.

they are a great company and honor warranty
Old 07-01-2014, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the springs on my xb. but not the sway bars.
first the good, it gives me the lowered look that i love. and even without the sway bars, the b handles well. takes turns nice and smoothly.
now the bad. the springs by them self are rough. very painful when i hit bumps on the road. not really sure why its so rough but it is, my wife complains about how rough it is. if you have the sway bar set up it may be a smoother ride.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member

Sorry I haven't responded back to this thread. The other place that I mention that had the stage 1 kit never got back to me. So you are probably right in regards to it being obsolete.

But after careful consideration and thinking, i dont think I want to have my xB lowered that much. I am actually considering getting the megan springs....not a big drop but makes it level so that ugly rear gap can go away.

I just need someone that could install it for me for a decent price around where I am. I would do it myself since I've been reading up that it's a simple install, but I rather just pay someone that has the proper tools to do it and knows exactly what to do. On top of that, I'm part of a Homeowners Association, so not allowed to do any car work here anyway
Old 07-15-2014, 05:37 AM
5 Year Member

And also in regards to the sway bar, might just get the TRD rear sway only and stick with that. I found a guide through the forums but it only shows the old style TRD sway bar. Slightly confused by the new version as it contains the ball links. THAT install I might be able to get away with being apart of a HOA
Old 07-15-2014, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hotchkis sways (f&r) are better than the TRD sway (rear only) imo. iirc the 1st version of the TRD sway bar had breakage issues of the mounting tabs. 2nd version fixed that issue as far as I know.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

LoGi if you need them installed let me know i am available text me @ 626-374-6409 i am local in the SGV. I have been around the Scion Scene since 2005 and installing parts for many scionlife members.